The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Is there any foul that does not count toward the bonus. Do offensive fouls count toward the bonus?

Another question i have is lets say Team A has 3 members that leave the bench to go out on the court during a fight. Does the coach of team A get 1 indirect foul or 3 indirect fouls?

Hope somone can clarify this for me
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bizket786
Is there any foul that does not count toward the bonus. Do offensive fouls count toward the bonus?

Another question i have is lets say Team A has 3 members that leave the bench to go out on the court during a fight. Does the coach of team A get 1 indirect foul or 3 indirect fouls?

Hope somone can clarify this for me
All fouls count toward the bonus.

If three members leave the bench to join the fight all three are subject to flagrant technical fouls and are ejected. The T's go toward the bonus. The head coach is charged with three indirect technical fouls and would also be ejected for exceeding his maximum.

If the team members do not fight the three are subject to flagrant technical fouls and are ejected, but the coach receives only one indirect.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

What MOFFICIAL said is true.

But the penalty depends on what the players do when they come off the bench. The players who participate in a fight are treated differently than the ones who do not participate, even though they came off the bench.

Example: A6, A7, A8, A9 and A10 all come off the bench when A1 and B1 start punching each other. A6 and A7 participate in the fight while A8, A9, and A10 do not fight. Players and bench personnel for Team B do not participate in the fight.

Ruling: B1, A1, A6, A7, A8, A9, and A10 are all ejected. B1 and A1 are assessed technical fouls that cancel. A8, A9, and A10 are assess a technical foul as a group with an indirect going back to the head coach. A6 is assessed a technical foul and Head Coach A is assessed an indirect technical foul. A7 is assessed a technical foul and Head Coach A is assessed an indirect technical foul. Head Coach A is disqualified for 3 indirect technical fouls.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Thanx alot i am glad that i joined this forum. I mean i just did and just posted these questions and got answers back in no time. I think this forum is great especially for a 2nd year ref like myself it gives u the chance to ask question you might feel stupid otherwise asking.

Another question i had relating somewhat to my last question is do indirect and direct technicals on the coach count towards the bonus. If a coach got 3 indirect fouls would all 3 count towards the bonus?
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

srry but another question i just kept reading over and over what you said and it kinda didn't make sense i mean A8, A9 and A10 are assesed one technical foul as a group for fighting yet A6 and A7 are each assesed an individual technical for not even fighting. So lets say A6 and A7 did participate in the fight then A6,A7,A8,A9 and A10 would only be assesed one technical as a group and the coach is only assesed one technical foul that just doesn't seem to make any sense.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:52pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Bizket, read it again. the fighters get their own fouls. The nonfighters get the group T.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
The above answer is true for FED, but is not correct for NCAA or NBA. In NCAA, some technical fouls do not count toward the bonus. In the NBA, offensive fouls do not count toward the bonus.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

yup your right i did read it wrong now it makes sense
Old Thu Aug 26, 2004, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

In NFHS, all direct technicals count toward the team bonus. Indirect technicals do not, as you already have a direct technical which counted toward the bonus.

In NCAA, direct technicals count toward the bonus, indirect T's do not. In addition, team control fouls do count toward the bonus even though shots aren't taken.