The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New to Arizona and looking for contacts! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/14799-new-arizona-looking-contacts.html)

SavaahnTy Sat Jul 31, 2004 03:20pm

Hello everyone! I am new to the Phoenix, AZ area and am looking for contacts.

If anyone can direct me to someone ( or if there is anyone on here in my area!! :) ) who can help me get acclimated with the basketball officiating scene in the area, appropriate camps, etc, that would be fantastic!!

I have experience in high school, college, and pro mechanics, and am interested in local contacts at each level.

Thanks guys! I appreciate any help that I can get :)

blindzebra Sat Jul 31, 2004 07:14pm

Quote:

Originally posted by SavaahnTy
Hello everyone! I am new to the Phoenix, AZ area and am looking for contacts.

If anyone can direct me to someone ( or if there is anyone on here in my area!! :) ) who can help me get acclimated with the basketball officiating scene in the area, appropriate camps, etc, that would be fantastic!!

I have experience in high school, college, and pro mechanics, and am interested in local contacts at each level.

Thanks guys! I appreciate any help that I can get :)

You can get info on high school basketball at aiaonline.org and gpboac.com

For rec stuff spikersports.com

Good luck and welcome to the HEAT.

SavaahnTy Sun Aug 01, 2004 02:12pm

Thank you Blind Zebra!!!

I appreciate the contact information, and look forward to putting it to considerable use beginning immediately :)

My family and I currently reside in the Mesa ( North Gilbert & Main ) area while my wife ( as if I had a say!! lol ) searches for a home in the Valley. I would be very interested in a personal meeting with you and/or anyone else in the area.. tagging along during games, tournaments, leagues, etc to meet others & chat philosophy.

Thanks again Blind Zebra! Your help is appreciated :)

Savaahn Ty

stripes Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:39pm

I won't be a lot of help in terms of contacts beyond what Blindzebra has already give you, but I can tell you that you want to start working summer games ASAP so that you can get to know some of the other refs in the area.

I moved to the Phoenix area last fall, right before the season started (I happen to live in Mesa also Power & McKellips) and was somewhat behind the eightball. HS ball is done with a permanent partner. No one knows you and you don't know anyone so it is hard to hookup with a partner that you want. Also as a new official you will be rated as a "5" or transfer official and will have to get re-rated during the fall (they have a scrimmage that you work at).

Rather than bore everyone with this, email me ([email protected]) with your phone # and a good time to call and I'll give you the skinny.

SavaahnTy Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:48pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Neil! I look forward to talking to you and meeting you soon :)

Savaahn Ty

SavaahnTy Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:58pm

In addition, I agree with Neil's suggestion of beginning officiating immediately.

I am ready, willing, and eager to show that I can work :)

If anyone needs a partner, has upcoming games they are assigning, or is looking for a last minute fill in for any level, please keep me in mind.

Savaahn Ty

[email protected]
602-441-9933
My Wife's name is Joy.