The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/14132-shoes.html)

brandan89 Sun Jun 13, 2004 09:14pm

I am going out and buying some shoes for my first game Saturday. What kind do you guys/gals suggest I get? What is the most comfertable and where did you get them from?

bob jenkins Mon Jun 14, 2004 06:54am

Quote:

Originally posted by brandan89
I am going out and buying some shoes for my first game Saturday. What kind do you guys/gals suggest I get? What is the most comfertable and where did you get them from?
Any black cross-trainer that's comfortable to you.

ChuckElias Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Well, you're gonna be outa here shortly anyway, Brandan. Zero tolerance for spamming azzholes like you.

Brandon's been here for quite a while. He's not a spammer, is he? Why is your quote so different from Brandon's original post, when his post has not been edited? :confused:

ChuckElias Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:07pm

Oh, I see. There is a Brandan who posted some spam today. I don't think that's our Brandan from New Orleans, JR. At least, I hope not.

Jurassic Referee Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Brandon's been here for quite a while. He's not a spammer, is he? Why is your quote so different from Brandon's original post, when his post has not been edited? :confused:

There's a difference between Brandon98 and Brandon. The spammer was a different Brandan...without the 98 on the end. He resurrected Brandan98's post from 2 years ago so that he could insert a spam shoe blurb. He did the same thing on the football board. Mick just deleted both his spam posts. Hopefully, he'll get the hint.

ChuckElias Sun Sep 17, 2006 04:44pm

Jeez, I didn't even look at the date of the original post. Good catch, Woddy. ;)

zeke Sun Sep 17, 2006 06:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandan89

New Balance. Champs. 60.00. I highly recommend them. I wear them in Div. 1 ball.

BktBallRef Sun Sep 17, 2006 06:41pm

Quote:

Jeez, I didn't even look at the date of the original post. Good catch, Woddy. ;)

Nobody calls him Woddy but me!!!! :mad:

ChuckElias Sun Sep 17, 2006 06:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Nobody calls him Woddy but me!!!! :mad:

Oops. Sorry, Tiny.

ChuckElias Sun Sep 17, 2006 06:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeke
New Balance. Champs. 60.00. I highly recommend them. I wear them in Div. 1 ball.

Zeke, what model? I'm considering the 601, but nobody has them around here.

Jurassic Referee Sun Sep 17, 2006 06:53pm

Quote:

Thanks, Chick.

Now don't call me Woddy again. Tiny is the only one allowed to call me that.

Btw, how did you know "Tiny" was his nickname? Been talking to his wife?

zeke Mon Sep 18, 2006 07:06am

Quote:

I saw some in Rack Room yesterday when we were getting our daughters shoes. To me any model will do. You may not be able to get the latest one. As you have found out. If you have some time you can go to new balance web site and order direct. Good luck.

tjones1 Mon Sep 18, 2006 03:53pm

Anyone have a pair of the New Balance 888s? If so, comments?

Mwanr1 Mon Sep 18, 2006 07:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1
Anyone have a pair of the New Balance 888s? If so, comments?

I don't have a pair, but according to this website,
http://www.shoebuy.com/sb/s.jsp?Styl...-_-none-_-none

this pair of shoes is described as this:

" Product Description (Men's New Balance BB888)

A supportive midcut basketball shoe for the player who demands long wearing comfort. ABZORB® forefoot and insert gives exceptional shock absorption. ABZORB®EX heel provides superior cushioning and stability. The Stability Web® gives superior support in the midfoot while reducing the overall weight. The herringbone outsole pattern allows for increased traction for lateral motion. The ETC® insert reduces friction, heat build up and blisters. "

I hope this will help.

Dan_ref Mon Sep 18, 2006 08:57pm

Quote:

Go for the 620's, Sports Authority carries them.