The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 16, 2004, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

What is with all the travelling calls in this series? Did they just decide to make it a point of emphasis all of a sudden?
Old Sun May 16, 2004, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

I watched most of the game, the one they called against Latrell Spreewell's wide open layup was an ovious call.
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to tjchamp
Anyone have any idea why Peeler was only tagged with a personal foul (plus ejection) while Garnett got hit with a flagrant? Garnett threw an elbow to the chest of Peeler, not unlike a lot of picks that are set in heat of battle of an NBA game. Peeler then sends a forearm to the face of Garnett. Minnesota had possession at the time, got 1 FT, then Sac took 2 FT, and got the ball. Just didn't seem right.
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

KG was called for a Flagrant 1 personal foul, which results in 2 shots and the ball OOB.

Peeler was hit with a flagrant T, which results in 1 FT. Anytime you have an elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level, the player must be ejected.

Plus you can be sure that Peeler will be fined and will NOT play in Game 7.

Why a more severe penalty for the offended team for the lesser foul? I have no idea.
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 12:56pm
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by tjchamp
Anyone have any idea why Peeler was only tagged with a personal foul (plus ejection) while Garnett got hit with a flagrant? Garnett threw an elbow to the chest of Peeler, not unlike a lot of picks that are set in heat of battle of an NBA game. Peeler then sends a forearm to the face of Garnett. Minnesota had possession at the time, got 1 FT, then Sac took 2 FT, and got the ball. Just didn't seem right.
IMO,
I saw a forearm to Peeler's chest.
It did not seem to me that Garnet's forearm was intented to injure, unlike Peeler's forearm lookin' for the face.
mick

Thursday night in Detroit oughta be fun. Nets and Pistons play hard. Fun.
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Do you guys think that the punishment for KG was fair? What would you have done?
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by tjchamp
IMO,
I saw a forearm to Peeler's chest.
It did not seem to me that Garnet's forearm was intented to injure, unlike Peeler's forearm lookin' for the face.
mick

Thursday night in Detroit oughta be fun. Nets and Pistons play hard. Fun.
It would be nice to see them BOTH play hard during the same game, wouldn't it?
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know if you saw the whole situation. The previous time down the floor on a box out, Peeler elbowed Garnett in the stomach hard enough to drop him. The Kings went down and scored, the T-Wolves brought the ball bak up court just as Garnett finally got up. Garnett then gave peeler an elbow in the same place as a little payback, then Peeler threw the elbow to the face. So they basically missed the first elbow and that's what started everything else.
Old Mon May 17, 2004, 03:00pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by gsf23
I don't know if you saw the whole situation. The previous time down the floor on a box out, Peeler elbowed Garnett in the stomach hard enough to drop him. The Kings went down and scored, the T-Wolves brought the ball bak up court just as Garnett finally got up. Garnett then gave peeler an elbow in the same place as a little payback, then Peeler threw the elbow to the face. So they basically missed the first elbow and that's what started everything else.
Yes, I saw that and more....
Peeler and Garnet are purported to be ex-teammates and close (regular communication) friends (per post game).
I figger that was why Garnet went out of his way to lower his forearm when it's natural height was at Peeler's chin.

Peeler blew his mind and should pay for the head shot.
mick