Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 29, 2004, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Posted by BBallCoach

BBallCoach

This is awful

As a coach I'm very disheartened to read your post about at championship game and you being screened on a play that impacts the outcome of the game. That is you job to physically move so you can see the play. Your going to tell me these girls were Shaq's size and you in your great athletic shape could not simply get around them or get there quickly enough to see the play. That is an injustice to all of those players on both teams that our out there busting their butts trying to win and the officials that are hired to give the kids the best game possible choke like that. If I was the coach I would have had many words with you and am disgusted by your lack of professionalism and ability to simply be in shape and move to the play. This is dishearting and I dont know how you sleep having taken the game away from the kids.

Maybe BBallCoach can tell us what it must be like to never make a mistake!!! This is ones for you, BBallCoach.

[Edited by mick on Apr 30th, 2004 at 09:07 AM]
Old Thu Apr 29, 2004, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Willie,

Whatta you expect?
The guy is clueless.
He's never made a mistake.
He's never missed a thing.
He's perfect, so he expects everyone else to be, too.
Just ignore the stupidity.

TH
Old Thu Apr 29, 2004, 11:59pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

I thought about deleting BBallCoach's post (including the comments on the original post here, but thought the better of it because it so perfectly shows what we as officials deal with every single game.

BBallCoach -- you say that TexBlue let the kids down, he was unprofessional, and you don't know how he sleeps at night -- because he missed a single play? And he admits it?!?

No one is perfect -- not officials, not coaches. I have seen many games lost at the end because of bad coaching. Whether it is not calling a timeout at a critical time, fouling too late, or simply drawing up a play that totally flops -- there are far too many examples to list where coaches have caused the loss of a game.

Should those coaches also not sleep at night because of what they have taken away from the kids?!?

Coaches always say that all they want is consistency. I'll give you consistency if you'll get rid of the hypocrisy.
Old Fri Apr 30, 2004, 07:52am
BBallCoach

Willie

Willie,

Is that cartoon supposed to be a threat to me? I take that as you are threating me and do not appreciate that. I do believe to threaten someone is against the law in this country
Old Fri Apr 30, 2004, 08:06am
Huck Finn

Willie, edit your post and take the cartoon off. He might try to sue you! Replace it with a picture of Goofy or something.
Old Fri Apr 30, 2004, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Just for the record, I can't find BBallCoach's troublesome post, nor did I see the cartoon, even though I saw WinterWillie's original thread last night. Is this my problem (weird computer issues)? Which clue am I missing?
Old Fri Apr 30, 2004, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker

I didn't see it either.
Old Fri Apr 30, 2004, 09:16am
Whack! Get Out!!!

I think that we have probably exhausted this subject.
Closed Thread