The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Juulie, is that your lovely picture on the first page of this site? I saw the spelling of the first name and thought that has to be rainmaker.
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Juulie, is that your lovely picture on the first page of this site? I saw the spelling of the first name and thought that has to be rainmaker.
I've been away from the forum for awhile (down in AZ selling kettle corn at Spring Training--Scottsdale Stadium with the SF Giants--for the whole mo. of Mar. then getting caught up with everything while I was gone so haven't been on lately.)I thought someone surley would have brought up this new gig of Juulie's before now. Not wanting to rehash old stuff, I failed to post my 2 cents.

I've always appreciated her well-rounded insights, common sense and competence with the written word and so was excited to see her as a new contributor. Way to go Juulie!

One of the things I have not been pleased with my paid membership to this site have been the meager offerings of worthwhile articles. I see the powers that be are finally doing something about this and look forward to Juulie's perspectives in a little more flexible format now afforded her.
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 11:04am
In Memoriam

Thumbs up rainmaker

You go, girl!
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by davidw
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
I've been away from the forum for awhile (down in AZ selling kettle corn at Spring Training--Scottsdale Stadium with the SF Giants--for the whole mo. of Mar. then getting caught up with everything while I was gone so haven't been on lately.)I thought someone surley would have brought up this new gig of Juulie's before now. Not wanting to rehash old stuff, I failed to post my 2 cents.

I've always appreciated her well-rounded insights, common sense and competence with the written word and so was excited to see her as a new contributor. Way to go Juulie!

One of the things I have not been pleased with my paid membership to this site have been the meager offerings of worthwhile articles. I see the powers that be are finally doing something about this and look forward to Juulie's perspectives in a little more flexible format now afforded her.
David -- 1) welcome back! I kinda wondered what happened to you.

2) these are big words to live up to. I'm not sure that I by myself can make the subscription worth-while, but I'll do my best -- and hope that they can come up with another writer or two in basketball! Especially someone who works at the college level.

3) Anyone who reads this board is a good enough ref that they desire to improve and grow, so I'm not worried that the guy I wrote it about (who is a real person, btw) will see this. He doesn't need to read this site -- he's better than that! (heavy sarcasm.)
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Re: rainmaker

Quote:
Originally posted by mick

You go, girl!
Aw, geez, mick, now you're making me blush -- someplace besides my nose!
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 12:42pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Juulie - how did you get ABC to pose for your picture? He's never looked better.
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Juulie - how did you get ABC to pose for your picture? He's never looked better.
He's got his flaws, but he's better looking than THAT!
Old Mon Apr 26, 2004, 05:05pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
He's got his flaws, but he's better looking than THAT!
Are you kidding? Every time I see him I wonder if someone peed in the gene pool.