Official Forum Member

nevermind

[Edited by icallfouls on Apr 5th, 2004 at 12:50 PM]
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by icallfouls
I am in the office listening to Rome and he has John Fienstein on. The comments on the officiating are that the officials were not up to the game. The coaches were influencing calls, how inconsistent the calls were.

Yes I know these guys are just talking heads, but the reality to me is, it is not very often that officiating makes it into the national spotlight unless it is something very obvious.
You're kiddin', right?
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 12:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

No I do not.

Quote:
I am in the office listening to Rome and he has John Fienstein on. The comments on the officiating are that the officials were not up to the game. The coaches were influencing calls, how inconsistent the calls were.

Yes I know these guys are just talking heads, but the reality to me is, it is not very often that officiating makes it into the national spotlight unless it is something very obvious.
Yeah, let us take the advice of two of the biggest jokes on radio and in the media. Jim Rome that cannot keep a show at the time he orginally put it at. And John Fienstein who thinks there is a scandal around every corner in all sports. Fienstein has written more books accusing of couruption in a sport that that is what he does. Officials do not go be what the media thinks to makes its decisions. Because when there are bad officiated games, there is action taken and the media never reports it. So I will always take the media for what it is worth. But then again, remember that when the media says something about your games as well. If they complain, they have to be right.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 12:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
nevermind
You should have said that before you posted.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

I continue to wonder. . .

. . . why Jim Rome continues to pollute our airways.

And even more why anybody bothers to listen to his idiocy.
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

Lets not get tooo hasty. I don't listen to him very much, but I've heard Jim R. stand up for officials. He also condemns bad behavior in sports.
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

I am not making my statements based on how he terats officials. I get tired of listening to somebody repeat the same point for an hour or two straight. He makes his point, then he makes his point, oh yeah, and did I say he makes his point (how stupid is that), and then (what a fine show he has) he makes the same point, then he would go to break but first has to make that same point - do you get my point yet?

It's not even like the debates we have here, because no alternative is presented. It's just a case of flogging a deceased equine on a daily basis. and don't get me stared on the clones. . .
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
I am not making my statements based on how he terats officials. I get tired of listening to somebody repeat the same point for an hour or two straight. He makes his point, then he makes his point, oh yeah, and did I say he makes his point (how stupid is that), and then (what a fine show he has) he makes the same point, then he would go to break but first has to make that same point - do you get my point yet?

It's not even like the debates we have here, because no alternative is presented. It's just a case of flogging a deceased equine on a daily basis. and don't get me stared on the clones. . .
Thats the main reason I don't listen to him. I just catch his show or radio about once every month. For a awhile I would listen to the radio, but like you, I got tired of the same point for most of the hour.