The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Valentine apology (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/13030-valentine-apology.html)

Nevadaref Thu Apr 01, 2004 08:13pm

Thursday, April 1, 2004

Associated Press

Austin, TX -- NCAA official Ted Valentine contacted the University of Texas Athletic Department this morning to apologize to Texas head coach Rick Barnes for the double technical foul with 3.9 seconds remaining in the Xavier/Texas game, which resulted in Barnes being ejected from the game.

"I appreciate the gesture, but it is just too little, too late," Barnes said in a statement issued by the school's basketball office.

Dan_ref Thu Apr 01, 2004 08:18pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Nevadaref
Thursday, April 1, 2004

Associated Press

Austin, TX -- NCAA official Ted Valentine contacted the University of Texas Athletic Department this morning to apologize to Texas head coach Rick Barnes for the double technical foul with 3.9 seconds remaining in the Xavier/Texas game, which resulted in Barnes being ejected from the game.

"I appreciate the gesture, but it is just too little, too late," Barnes said in a statement issued by the school's basketball office.

Uh-oh.

I've been on the recieving end of a written apology from a coach. It was NOT mailed because he suddenly realized he had second thoughts.

Adam Thu Apr 01, 2004 08:22pm

Quote:

Thursday, April 1, 2004

Associated Press

Wow, this confirms that Barnes is an A$$.

BBall_Junkie Thu Apr 01, 2004 08:34pm

is this for real? it smells like an april fools joke! :)

Mark Dexter Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:05pm

You forgot to mention that Xavier pulled the class act by retroactively forfeiting the game. Texas will now play Duke on Friday to see who really won the regional . . .

ref18 Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:11pm

Unbelievable!!!

Edited:

I wrote my post not thinking it was an april fools joke. Man was i fooled ;)

[Edited by ref18 on Apr 1st, 2004 at 09:14 PM]

BktBallRef Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:19pm

You guys are just too gullible! :)

Nevadaref Fri Apr 02, 2004 03:19am

Just remember that everyone's laughing with you! :D

Jurassic Referee Fri Apr 02, 2004 07:58am

Quote:

Just remember that everyone's laughing with you! :D

Actually no, everyone is laughing AT them!

Except maybe Dan. Dan is not gullible. Methinks that Dan may have been luring the gullible in. Similar to Dexter. Methinks that Dan is really sly like fox.

Or not. :D

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Apr 2nd, 2004 at 07:01 AM]