The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 31, 2004, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

As a newbie I read these posts to learn the rules and the game...many experienced officals have contributed to this forum and I'm sure there are others that have learned as I have...one of the best tools I have seen is BstBallref "test" on b/c violations, what I would like to see is discussions on basic subjects like live/dead ball...time/distance...advantage/disavantage...correctable errors...substitution...block/charge...b/i...(big one for me)incidental contact...travel. I know its my responsibility to read the book, attend camps and ref games but this forum is indispensible in that it shows the different interpetation we (excuse me I) see here...I'm learning that there are many levels to this game and we must be willing to learn and understand to progress to the next level...we do want to do a good/fair job at officating these games...help us newbies progress to the next level. Thanks for everything...
Old Thu Apr 01, 2004, 02:44am
Official Forum Member

A couple of things:
1. Tony's moniker is BktBallRef. He made the quizzes on traveling and backcourt violations. Yes, they are wonderful.
2. The majority of us are quite willing to discuss whatever topics you need, just ask. Some of us will even go so far as to discuss the Yankees/BoSox rivalry.
3. I'm sure the you could encourage BktBallRef or some others on this board to write quizzes on BI, block/charge, live/dead ball, etc., if that is what you are after. This rules stuff is actually quite fun for us.
4. Glad you enjoy the forum and are learning from it. In no time you will be contributing meaningful answers to newbie questions yourself.