The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WARNING! Off-topic! Do NOT read if you are at all offended by baseball threads!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12969-warning-off-topic-do-not-read-if-you-all-offended-baseball-threads.html)

Dan_ref Sun Jun 20, 2004 09:44pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Anybody watching the Sox/Giants game in San Fran? What a bizarre 5th inning. Giants drop two routine flies, giving the Sox the lead, then Manny makes a pretty nice little running catch in foul territory while trying not to trip over the bullpen mound. Funky game.

No.

Ya see, even though the Sox website said the game would be on FOX, I didn't realize that the Dodgers game would also be on FOX.

At the same time.

Needless to say, they carried the Dodgers game in Washington. :mad:

Hey, the BoSox did well today. They got a hit.

Giambi just got a hit.

dblref Tue Jun 22, 2004 05:28am

Quote:

Quote:

Anybody watching the Sox/Giants game in San Fran? What a bizarre 5th inning. Giants drop two routine flies, giving the Sox the lead, then Manny makes a pretty nice little running catch in foul territory while trying not to trip over the bullpen mound. Funky game.

No.

Ya see, even though the Sox website said the game would be on FOX, I didn't realize that the Dodgers game would also be on FOX.

At the same time.

I don't see any problem with this. :D

Mark Dexter Sat Jun 26, 2004 03:53pm

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref

[/B][/QUOTE]

Grrrr.

Chuck, I don't suppose you've heard any plans for NESN to expand its broadcast area down toward D.C.???

dblref Sat Jun 26, 2004 08:48pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref

Grrrr.

Chuck, I don't suppose you've heard any plans for NESN to expand its broadcast area down toward D.C.??? [/B][/QUOTE]

They won't broadcast the Bosux games down here because we already have one bad team -- they're called the Orioles.

ChuckElias Sun Jun 27, 2004 07:55am

Quote:

Chuck, I don't suppose you've heard any plans for NESN to expand its broadcast area down toward D.C.???
No, Mark, I haven't. I think that depends more on whether or not cable providers down there decide to carry it. I'm sure NESN would be more than happy to sell their signal to D.C. providers. Call your local cable provider today! :) Or get a dish and the national baseball package.

ChuckElias Wed Jun 30, 2004 08:15am

The only thing worse than the drubbing the Sox took last night in the Bronx was having to see the look of joy on Dan's face as he told me the score in person!!! :(

mick Wed Jun 30, 2004 08:18am

Quote:

The only thing worse than the drubbing the Sox took last night in the Bronx was having to see the look of joy on Dan's face as he told me the score in person!!! :(
But it should be noted, Nomar did keep the ball in front of him.
mick

I'm sure yer havin' some fun.

Dan_ref Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:14am

Quote:

That wasn't a look of joy, I had gas.

The joy came later when I got to see the game recap on ESPN.

BTW, I heard that since the stadium was rebuilt 30 someodd years ago a ball has been hit into "the black" something like 23 times, by 18 players. Clark is 1 of 3 that have done it more than once, the first to have done it as home & visitor.

I saw Reggie Jackson hit one there on a line drive.

Jurassic Referee Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:34pm

Quote:

The only thing worse than the drubbing the Sox took last night in the Bronx was having to see the look of joy on Dan's face as he told me the score in person!!!
What's the over/under in Bah-ston today on Terry Francona's trip to Gradylittleville? Have the local residents started throwing tea in the harbor yet?

Jurassic Referee Thu Jul 01, 2004 02:47am

Did Billy Buckner come out of retirement again?

Jurassic Referee Fri Jul 02, 2004 05:57am

Gloat.

ChuckElias Fri Jul 02, 2004 07:14am

Oh the humanity! :(

The only solace is that Dan and I had left TGIFriday's before the winning run came in, and I didn't have to listen to the whole freakin' place cheer.

Jurassic Referee Fri Jul 02, 2004 07:48am

Quote:

Oh the humanity! :(

The only solace is that Dan and I had left TGIFriday's before the winning run came in, and I didn't have to listen to the whole freakin' place cheer.

You guys left before the game ended? Don't tell me that Dan thought it was over too when the Sox had the one run lead, two out and two strikes on Miguel F. Cairo. Thought he knew better than that.

Btw, the magic number is now <font color = red>78</font>.

Camp over now? Did you make Chester (that's Chester from Gunsmoke, not Chester the Molestor) buy last night for having you carry him the last coupla days?

ChuckElias Fri Jul 02, 2004 08:33am

Quote:

You guys left before the game ended? Don't tell me that Dan thought it was over too when the Sox had the one run lead, two out and two strikes on Miguel F. Cairo.

Naw, I had a 2.5 hour drive home, so we left after the 11th.

Quote:

Camp over now? Did you make Chester buy last night for having you carry him the last coupla days?
Nope and nope. Headed back for one more session tonight. I haven't even had the chance to work with Chester, er, Dan all week!

Dan_ref Fri Jul 02, 2004 09:36am

Quote:

Quote:

You guys left before the game ended? Don't tell me that Dan thought it was over too when the Sox had the one run lead, two out and two strikes on Miguel F. Cairo.

Naw, I had a 2.5 hour drive home, so we left after the 11th.

Quote:

Camp over now? Did you make Chester buy last night for having you carry him the last coupla days?
Nope and nope. Headed back for one more session tonight. I haven't even had the chance to work with Chester, er, Dan all week!

I figured you made it home all right since there were no stories in the papers about fishing dead Red Sox fans out of the Hudson this morning. I just wish we would have stuck around to see Jeter kiss the first row seats.