The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 03:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
8th grade boys. Half time score was 32 to 6. Black jerseys couldn't do anything right. Which coach was loudly pointing out to them, having used all three TO's (that's all they get in this league) before the half-time. Half time was magical though, and they came out strong and won the second half hands down. Still lost the game, but felt great at the end.

Mid-way through the third quarter, coach waits until I was trail table side and said quietly,

"You're missing a lot of carrys"
"Thank you."
"I always like to help when I can"
"That's very sweet of you."
"Hey, I'm in my coaching box, I can say what I want."
"Coach, when your boys are playing well enough that you're complaining to me instead of them, I'm fine with it."

Afterward, he came and told me I'd done a great job (he didn't like my partner). I told him sincerely, I thought he had too.
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
8th grade boys. Half time score was 32 to 6. Black jerseys couldn't do anything right. Which coach was loudly pointing out to them, having used all three TO's (that's all they get in this league) before the half-time. Half time was magical though, and they came out strong and won the second half hands down. Still lost the game, but felt great at the end.

Mid-way through the third quarter, coach waits until I was trail table side and said quietly,

"You're missing a lot of carrys"
"Thank you."
"I always like to help when I can"
"That's very sweet of you."
"Hey, I'm in my coaching box, I can say what I want."
"Coach, when your boys are playing well enough that you're complaining to me instead of them, I'm fine with it."

Afterward, he came and told me I'd done a great job (he didn't like my partner). I told him sincerely, I thought he had too.
Actually, he can't say whatever he wants to while he is in the box, but I like the way you handled things.
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 05:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Yeah, Juulie. But what did he say about your fishnets?