The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   The latest "Dave" for your dining and dancing pleasure (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/1268-latest-dave-your-dining-dancing-pleasure.html)

Mark Padgett Sun Dec 17, 2000 11:59pm

Did my normal 3 rec Sunday games, two of them with Dave. Second game, coach is on us from opening tip. Finally, Dave T's him up. Coach jumps up from bench, gets right in Dave's face and yells, "Do you feel better now?"

Dave says, "No", T's him again and says, "now I do. Thanks."

hoopsrefBC Mon Dec 18, 2000 12:33am

Thanks Mark.

Keep me informed on anything else that happens.

keep smiling
SH

chels Mon Dec 18, 2000 07:54am

Latest Daveism

Are you visibly laughing or are you trying to maintain
a professional demeanor?

pizanno Mon Dec 18, 2000 05:39pm

When's the Book of Davisms coming out?

Bush should pick him as Press Secretary!

Mark Padgett Mon Dec 18, 2000 05:45pm

Re: When's the Book of Davisms coming out?

Quote:

Originally posted by pizanno
Bush should pick him as Press Secretary!
I was thinking more along the lines of court jester. Oh wait - Bush has that job himself :)

Tim Roden Tue Dec 19, 2000 01:22am

If you want to play politics then the real court jesture is Sam Donaldson. Oh sorry that was in the Reagan administration.

JugglingReferee Fri Dec 22, 2000 09:30am

I've been trying to figure out who Dave is...

Who is Dave?

..Mike

Mark Padgett Fri Dec 22, 2000 11:41am

yes - Dave is real

Quote:

Originally posted by JugglingReferee
I've been trying to figure out who Dave is...

Who is Dave?

..Mike

Dave is an official in the Portland, OR area. He does regular high school games (mostly JV - I think he's in his second or third year there) and tons of rec games (probably 12 years). He is quick witted and very sarcastic sometimes, but never in a regular high school game. He likes to play with the minds of rec league coaches and players, but it should be noted that he never says anything mean-spirited or of a personal nature (like a racial or religious remark). To my knowledge (and I've known and worked with him for almost 10 years) he has never been involved in a fight, or had any incident that escalated to a confrontational level.

He has moved up quite quickly in his association and I think that is a testament to his professionalism in regular games. Maybe he uses the rec games as an emotional outlet.

Off the court, he is relatively shy, and does not want any notoriety. I guess he is content to let me be his "Watson".

ilya Sun Dec 24, 2000 07:12pm

I'm from portland, OR and play Rec bball

does he by any chance ref HYB games in Evergreen MS?
or JV games in Hillsboro HIGH

Mark Padgett Tue Dec 26, 2000 12:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ilya
I'm from portland, OR and play Rec bball

does he by any chance ref HYB games in Evergreen MS?
or JV games in Hillsboro HIGH

I know Dave does not do rec games in Hillsboro, but he may do OSAA JV games at Hilhi or Glencoe as part of his normal high school schedule. Unfortunately for his fans ;), he does not smart-off at sanctioned games, only rec.