The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 01, 2004, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

This camp is hosted by ACC/SEC comissioner John Guthrie. I am going to take the plunge and give it a shot this summer. Anybody on the board ever been to this camp or any of John's camps ? What is to be expected?
Old Mon Mar 01, 2004, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

Unless I'm mistaken, the agreement between the ACC and SEC ended last year. John Guthrie no longer has anything to do with officiating in the ACC.
Old Tue Mar 02, 2004, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to BOBBYMO Send a message via Yahoo to BOBBYMO
Not sure if this camp is still in tact or not but I attended it about 9 years ago. It was an outstanding camp!!!! The staff they had went way out of their way to help each and every referee become better as an official. Very instuctional and the level of games that were being played wasn't a bad level of high school ball(it was a team camp if I recall)
If its still in tack and you have a chance to go.. I suggest that you go. You won't be let down as long as you go into the camp just wanting to learn.
It was held on the campus of Middle Tenn. State.
Old Wed Mar 03, 2004, 02:49pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

This is an outstanding camp and I would definitely recommend that you go. You will work hard and will be worn out by the end of the week!

This is not a camp for those not willing to learn or those with excuses... Go there ready to listen and learn a lot and you will come away with a lot of new information.

Most of the instructors are NBA officials and they are the best at what they do!