The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Nine games in 24 hours (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12393-nine-games-24-hours.html)

Ref Ump Welsch Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:12am

Had a week at the end of January that looked like this:

Sunday and Monday-off
Tuesday-junior high girls basketball game (cancelled due to the weather)
Wednesday-Men's city rec league-3 games
Thursday-High school boys freshman game
Friday-High school boy/girl JV doubleheader
Saturday-High school girls reserve game in the morning, then 4 parochial athletic league (5th to 8th grade leagues) games in the afternoon

My schedule looks like Pike's Peak, start with practically nothing at the beginning of December (maybe 1 or 2 games a week) peaking at the end of January (look at week I mentioned above) then sliding down to what I have next week (just 3 games scheduled at this point). When my family wonders why I'm practically non-existent in January, all they have to do is look at the master schedule we have and find out which school or community center I'm at that night.

Mregor Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally posted by SPORTSOFFICIAL
Everyone, quit whinning. We are independant contractors and make our own schedule. I used to work 8 games in 9 hours every Saturday. Once I worked 12 one hour games in a row. It is my fault that I scheduled them that way. This weekend I did a Varsity (OT) on Friday, 4 on Saturday morning, three on Saturday afternoon, and three more on Sunday afternoon; and it's all my fault, I scheduled it that way.
Who's whining? Just see a bunch of people relating their busy schedule. No wonder your email was perceived not as intended on the other thread.

Mregor

mick Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:35pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mregor
Quote:

Everyone, quit whinning. We are independant contractors and make our own schedule. I used to work 8 games in 9 hours every Saturday. Once I worked 12 one hour games in a row. It is my fault that I scheduled them that way. This weekend I did a Varsity (OT) on Friday, 4 on Saturday morning, three on Saturday afternoon, and three more on Sunday afternoon; and it's all my fault, I scheduled it that way.
Who's whining? Just see a bunch of people relating their busy schedule. No wonder your email was perceived not as intended on the other thread.

Mregor

Mregor,
I'll bet you missed the big smilie face.
Kinda hard to hear the tone of voice without seeing the expression in the eyes, the mouth. :) :) :) :)
mick

SPORTSOFFICIAL Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:41pm

No, it's whining. We are as busy as we want to be. If we were forced to work some games it would be legit, but no one forces us. We all work, have family, and choose to officiate, big deal. If you have to many games, give some away. This year I only worked 100 games, which is right where I want to be right now. When more games come I turn them down, because I choose to.

mick Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:52pm

Quote:

No, it's whining. We are as busy as we want to be. If we were forced to work some games it would be legit, but no one forces us. We all work, have family, and choose to officiate, big deal. If you have to many games, give some away. This year I only worked 100 games, which is right where I want to be right now. When more games come I turn them down, because I choose to.
Oh, now I get it.
You were preaching to the choir, the choir that was just having some fun.
I guess Mregor was the only one listening.
mick

footlocker Mon Feb 23, 2004 01:50pm

This is great. I looked at this whole thread. Just glanced over it. Not sure if anyone could actually read all this mumbo jumbo. Sorry. Everyone has been busy, fine; but looking for sympathy in a "spitting contest" is preposterous.

(what does this say about me, contributing to such a worthless thread.:()

mick Mon Feb 23, 2004 02:31pm

Quote:

Originally posted by footlocker
This is great. I looked at this whole thread. Just glanced over it. Not sure if anyone could actually read all this mumbo jumbo. Sorry. Everyone has been busy, fine; but looking for sympathy in a "spitting contest" is preposterous.

(what does this say about me, contributing to such a worthless thread.:()

We were male bonding, with one pretty good exception.
mick

rockyroad Mon Feb 23, 2004 02:35pm

Re: Wussies

Quote:

Originally posted by WinterWillie
Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
You guys are wussies.

I worked 7 games in 11 hours on Saturday.

How are the balls?

Now what kind of a question is that??? :)

(Just more fodder for this "worthless" topic)

footlocker Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:06pm

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
mick

I have never seen males bond through whimpering before. Let me help.

Wow, you are all so tough. I could never imagine taking on such a demanding schedule. By half time of one game I am begining to feel the effects of being out of shape. And after a WHOLE game, sheesh; I'm whooped. How do you manage!? You're, like, super-refs. Yeah, that's right. Super-refs. NF should come up with a cape for you guys.:D

(I love being a smart a$$.)

--Mark, congratulations on your career. But this is like the mafia, "You can try and get out, but they'll just keep pulling you back in." I'm sure you'll be around the game (and forum).

mick Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:13pm

Quote:

Quote:

mick

I have never seen males bond through whimpering before. Let me help.

Wow, you are all so tough. I could never imagine taking on such a demanding schedule. By half time of one game I am begining to feel the effects of being out of shape. And after a WHOLE game, sheesh; I'm whooped. How do you manage!? You're, like, super-refs. Yeah, that's right. Super-refs. NF should come up with a cape for you guys.:D

(I love being a smart a$$.)

Footlocker,
:rolleyes:
I guess I missed your point.
mick

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:55pm

Quote:

--Mark, congratulations on your career. But this is like the mafia, "You can try and get out, but they'll just keep pulling you back in." I'm sure you'll be around the game (and forum).

Nope - not me. I'll be devoting all my time to my new endeavor - officiating for the Women's World Mudwrestling Federation. They want me to help introduce their new "Creamed Corn" division.

bob jenkins Mon Feb 23, 2004 04:31pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Nope - not me. I'll be devoting all my time to my new endeavor - officiating for the Women's World Mudwrestling Federation. They want me to help introduce their new "Creamed Corn" division.
I don't want to know how the corn gets "creamed."

Jurassic Referee Mon Feb 23, 2004 05:01pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

mick Mon Feb 23, 2004 05:18pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
Well said.

WinterWillie Mon Feb 23, 2004 08:26pm

Wussies

Quote: