The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   prayers needed (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12365-prayers-needed.html)

A Pennsylvania Coach Fri Feb 20, 2004 01:58pm

A player from my team, a junior and my best player, underwent emergency brain surgery Monday morning. They've determined that it was an burst blood vessel, and they've got no reason to believe it was anything but random. At this time, she's out of the woods as far as survival goes, but there are still some long-term concerns about speech, vision, and motor skills. All signs are good, but more prayer would be appreciated for all involved.

Dan_ref Fri Feb 20, 2004 02:05pm

Quote:

Originally posted by A Pennsylvania Coach
A player from my team, a junior and my best player, underwent emergency brain surgery Monday morning. They've determined that it was an burst blood vessel, and they've got no reason to believe it was anything but random. At this time, she's out of the woods as far as survival goes, but there are still some long-term concerns about speech, vision, and motor skills. All signs are good, but more prayer would be appreciated for all involved.
Sorry to hear it...hope it works out OK.

kenref1 Fri Feb 20, 2004 03:15pm

I will say one for her tonight when I hit my knees.

ChuckElias Fri Feb 20, 2004 04:47pm

Best wishes, Coach. Tough sitch for anybody, let alone a kid.

mette-sbbk Fri Feb 20, 2004 06:08pm

Hi coach

I'll pray. I know how it is too loose a great player. Not long ago Stevnsgdade(Denmark) lost talented Ken Drayton in an age of 19 'cause of a heartattack.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Best wishes

mick Fri Feb 20, 2004 06:25pm

Having a good thought, Coach.

One-Whistle Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:39am

My prayers for a full and speedy recovery are extended to your player, her family and friends, and you and the team!

cmathews Sun Feb 22, 2004 03:53am

Coach,
my prayers are with her family, friends and teammates

WindyCityRef Mon Feb 23, 2004 01:13am

I'll say one for her...wish her well too.

eyad mohamad Mon Feb 23, 2004 02:28am

Since this is my first participation in this forum, I wish this first massage be he first reason to get well soon coz any person who excel in any sport deservs the best.

ChuckElias Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:19am

Hey Coach, what's the word? Any good news to share?

BBallCoach Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:06pm

Praying

Coach,

Your player is in my prayers.

Ref in PA Mon Feb 23, 2004 03:14pm

Me too

I praying with you. Best wishes to all concerned.

cmckenna Mon Feb 23, 2004 04:40pm

Coach,

You can add me to the list of those praying as I had to attend a funeral this morning for a friend of mine that suffered a brain anurysum(sp?) about 2 weeks ago. She was 38 and leaves 3 children.

It is good to hear that your palyer is out of the woods as I now know first hand how dangerous and devestating something like this can be.

Please keep us informed as to the progress and if there is anything we can do like contributions to a fund etc...

dhodges007 Tue Feb 24, 2004 02:11pm

Me too. Let us know how she is doing.

A Pennsylvania Coach Tue Feb 24, 2004 04:45pm

She was discharged yesterday and is home resting. The doctors said it was amazing--as of Friday they were expecting her to recover and most likely fully, but over the course of weeks or months. She still has 46 staples in her head holding the incision closed until it heals, and more therapy to go through, but there is no more danger. Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers!

Adam Tue Feb 24, 2004 04:57pm

Coach,
Thanks for the update, I've been praying.

cmckenna Tue Feb 24, 2004 04:57pm

AWESOME NEWS !!! Give her a big 'atta girl

mick Tue Feb 24, 2004 05:01pm

<font size=+3 color=yellow> Marvelous !</font>

dhodges007 Tue Feb 24, 2004 05:10pm

Yea God!

Stan Tue Feb 24, 2004 05:32pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Snaqwells
Coach,
Thanks for the update, I've been praying.

Ditto!