The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Question

I had a sitch last night during a JV Boys game that I think had a thread before but I'm not sure. Anyway, B1 attempts a shot from inside the paint. Misses and during the rebound attempt B2 pushes B1 into A1 who has inside position for the rebound. I called a push on B2 and we went to the other end to shot one-and-one. My question is.. can a player be callled for a foul against his own player? Should I have called the foul on B1 since it was B1 that displaced A1? My Partner and I talked about this call at halftime and he wasn't sure who the foul should have been called on either. As I reported the foul B Coach asked why the foul was called on B2 when B1 was the player that displaced A1. Opinions please.

Just trying to get better.....one whistle at a time.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by The whistle
I had a sitch last night during a JV Boys game that I think had a thread before but I'm not sure. Anyway, B1 attempts a shot from inside the paint. Misses and during the rebound attempt B2 pushes B1 into A1 who has inside position for the rebound. I called a push on B2 and we went to the other end to shot one-and-one. My question is.. can a player be callled for a foul against his own player? Should I have called the foul on B1 since it was B1 that displaced A1? My Partner and I talked about this call at halftime and he wasn't sure who the foul should have been called on either. As I reported the foul B Coach asked why the foul was called on B2 when B1 was the player that displaced A1. Opinions please.

Just trying to get better.....one whistle at a time.
Nope, except for sportsmanship type fouls B2 cannot "foul" B1. And I think the coach had a good point.

Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

I would have the foul on the opposing player who created the contact (disadvantage).

In your situation: Foul on B1.