The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   1st game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12224-1st-game.html)

youngbballref Wed Feb 11, 2004 08:11pm

Hello all, Well, my first intrmural game that I will be officiating is tomorrow. I am really nervous, but going to go out there and do my best. ;)

cmathews Wed Feb 11, 2004 08:29pm

you will do fine....remember when you blow your whistle do it with confidence :D

youngbballref Wed Feb 11, 2004 09:05pm

Sure HOPE SOOO!!! :D

ChuckElias Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:02pm

Just do your best. Try to have some fun. You've been studying, so you've got a little head start. Knock 'em dead, Mike.

RecRef Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:03pm

Let us know how it goes. As for being nervous I'm not going to tell you not to be but if you have a knowledge of the rules you will do fine. Be strong in your calls and take your time, don’t rush. Remember that we all make mistakes. Don’t dwell on them during the game, keep your attention on what is going on at the moment and you will do well.

Dan_ref Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by cmathews
you will do fine....remember when you blow your whistle do it with confidence :D

And if you forget to blow your whistle do that with confidence too! :D

Jurassic Referee Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:33pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
[/B]

[/B][/QUOTE]And Dan joins the 3000 Club with those words of wisdom.

Congratulations, Dan. A round for everyone!!

Dan_ref Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:39pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

[/B]
And Dan joins the 3000 Club with those words of wisdom.

Congratulations, Dan. A round for everyone!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Geeze....proof I have no life. :rolleyes:

mick Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:24pm

Mike,
It's a fun ride.
Go get 'em!
mick

rainmaker Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:45am

Michael -- Be sure to let us know how it goes. We've got a special little initiation ceremony for folks when they become addicted to reffing. We all line up behind Dan and sing the oooooh's while he croons, "Basketball Jones... I've got a basketball Jones... I've got a basketball Jones, ooooh baby, oooh, oooooooh.." and then fasten a little stuffed monkey in a striped shirt on your back. It's kinda cool.

rcwilco Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:54am

I may not be able to make that ceremony....I think someone may be calling me or something.

rainmaker Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rcwilco
I may not be able to make that ceremony....I think someone may be calling me or something.
Gotta wash your hair that evening?

Dan_ref Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:26pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Michael -- Be sure to let us know how it goes. We've got a special little initiation ceremony for folks when they become addicted to reffing. We all line up behind Dan and sing the oooooh's while he croons, "Basketball Jones... I've got a basketball Jones... I've got a basketball Jones, ooooh baby, oooh, oooooooh.." and then fasten a little stuffed monkey in a striped shirt on your back. It's kinda cool.
I don't think Chuck wants to be involved with this anymore.

Jurassic Referee Thu Feb 12, 2004 01:54pm

Quote:

Quote:

Tsk,tsk,tsk! Now, there was no need for that!

mick Thu Feb 12, 2004 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Quote:

Tsk,tsk,tsk! Now, there was no need for that!

That's what Chuck said.