The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Having a great co goes a long way (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/12002-having-great-co-goes-long-way.html)

ace Sun Feb 01, 2004 02:33pm

Yesterday I worked with 6/7/8th combinned middle schools girls regional for TAPPS (Texas Assc. for Priv. and Parachoial Schools) tournament with a fellow board member (Damian) and I've just gotta say. Having a great co-official goes a REALLY long way. We were hustlin and communicating. I was on top of my game. Damian was on his, it was just a great 2 games. But a good partner knows when to bail you out. With 5 seconds to go A1 takes a steal and makes a nice travel call. She basically handed it to me on a silver platter. Easist call of the day if you ask me. Well it was 2 pt ball game and it was in whites frontcourt reds back court so yeah. I blew my whistle travel signal pointed to the spot and gave the white coach her last timeout. Well Damian comes running up to me and says hey come see. So I jog up to him and he says "just saving you" I was so into the game I didnt notice the parents at the railin behind me leaning over pounding on the plexigass about the call. We had a great time. It was fun working two games with a board member.

I thought everyone had switched to pleated pants BTW :-P

mick Sun Feb 01, 2004 02:42pm

Good goin'!

Quote:

Originally posted by ace
Yesterday I worked with 6/7/8th combinned middle schools girls regional for TAPPS (Texas Assc. for Priv. and Parachoial Schools) tournament with a fellow board member (Damian) and I've just gotta say. Having a great co-official goes a REALLY long way. We were hustlin and communicating. I was on top of my game. Damian was on his, it was just a great 2 games. But a good partner knows when to bail you out. With 5 seconds to go A1 takes a steal and makes a nice travel call. She basically handed it to me on a silver platter. Easist call of the day if you ask me. Well it was 2 pt ball game and it was in whites frontcourt reds back court so yeah. I blew my whistle travel signal pointed to the spot and gave the white coach her last timeout. Well Damian comes running up to me and says hey come see. So I jog up to him and he says "just saving you" I was so into the game I didnt notice the parents at the railin behind me leaning over pounding on the plexigass about the call. We had a great time. It was fun working Swo games with a board member.

I thought everyone had switched to pleated pants BTW :-P

ace,
Sounds like fun!
(I don't like pleated pants yet; although I am really trying to like them, I think they look a little odd.
Thus, I haven't switched yet. :) )
mick

Damian Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:47pm

The rest of the story

So, as ACE told it A is now down by 2 with the ball and 5 seconds in their front court. Put the ball in play at the side line close to top of key.

A takes the ball and makes a really obvious travel. Tweet.. Ball goes to B...game over.

BTW. Some of my pants are pleated. Had a good time too.

Bart Tyson Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:04pm

Pleated are the only pants we wear in the conferences I work. And one conference has decided to make it mandatory. I do like the pleated.

ace Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:00am

Ok so I forgot to tell the rest of the story but it was mucho fun!