The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Working with officials from here??? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/11972-working-officials-here.html)

ace Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:22pm

Do we have anybody here whos called games with board members before? If so what was it like? etc...?

This saturday I get to work with Damian in a 7/8 girls tournament. Should be alot of fun and an interesing experince if you ask me.

JRutledge Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:28pm

Did I completely misunderstand this post.

Yes, I have worked with a couple of folks on here.

I first worked with Bob Jenkins in a Freshman game one night, then a varsity game the next night.

I have worked a varsity game with Dave K.

I have worked in a camp with w_sohl this past summer.

I have been approached several times lately with people that have met me at a camp or at a social. They tend to laugh at the tone of the board sometimes. All my experiences have been positive.

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Jan 30th, 2004 at 12:16 AM]

Dan_ref Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:37pm

2 summers ago I worked with Chuck at a camp.

I've had worse...don't tell his wife but he bunked with 2 women...halfway through camp he asked if I could lend him $50.

http://grcpublishing.grc.nasa.gov/images/confused.gif

Damian Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:49pm

Bring your "A" game Satuday

I love championship games at this level. You'd think it was the olympics.

BktBallRef Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:14am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref

I've had worse...don't tell his wife but he bunked with 2 women...halfway through camp he asked if I could lend him $50.

$50 for two women for a week, eh?

Must have been the Ly sisters...Ug and Home! :D

rainmaker Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:38am

I've worked with Padgett quite a few times, and it's always been a learning experience. I mean I have a lot to learn from him. I also worked with the infamous Dave just this evening. He's a very good ref, and great to work with. Saves the sassy stuff for the rec league, and does a great job with association games. Smitty and I had a game together last week, and will have another next week, I think. I've never worked with Rockyroad, but I've watched him work, and he's evalled me. I've never worked with Camron, although we are in the same association. Sheez, with so many Portland-Vancouver area refs on this board, maybe we should have an Officiating.com tourney around here somewhere!

dblref Fri Jan 30, 2004 07:20am

I've worked a couple of games with one member here (he has new baby, so not here very much) and I have met 2 other officials posting here that are also in my association. I have worked with the father of one official from here (oc ref?).

bob jenkins Fri Jan 30, 2004 08:45am

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
I've worked a couple of games with one member here (he has new baby,
Isn't "new baby" redundant? ;)

mick Fri Jan 30, 2004 08:54am

YU.P.

Dan_ref Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

$50 for two women for a week, eh?

Must have been the Ly sisters...Ug and Home! :D

Hey, I don't know what the $50 was for, and I aint sayin' $50 was all he needed (whatever it was he needed it for) all I'm sayin' is I worked with Chuck (and we both got in trouble making pests of ourselves during the all-star game BTW).

Mark Padgett Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:33pm

I've worked with all the other people who live in my head on many occasions. Oh yeah - I've worked with Juulie.

Special thanks to her for cancelling her rec games this weekend. Because of that, I picked up two extra games.

dblref Sat Jan 31, 2004 02:40pm

Quote:

Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
I've worked a couple of games with one member here (he has new baby,
Isn't "new baby" redundant? ;)

Man, you guys don't miss a thing -- regardless of what the howler monkeys say. :D

ChuckElias Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Jenkins
Isn't "new baby" redundant?
Only if you've never seen me when I'm sick. My wife says I'm a big baby.

Quote:

all I'm sayin' is I worked with Chuck (and we both got in trouble making pests of ourselves during the all-star game BTW).
The $50 was so I could go out and actually eat a decent meal. And I had forgotten about the all-star incident. I don't think I got into too much trouble. . . :)

Dan_ref Tue Feb 03, 2004 01:11pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
The $50 was so I could go out and actually eat a decent meal. And I had forgotten about the all-star incident. I don't think I got into too much trouble. . . :)
$50 meal eh? I didn't realize they had a Four Seasons in Honesdale. ;)

dblref Tue Feb 03, 2004 08:51pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Jenkins
Isn't "new baby" redundant?
Only if you've never seen me when I'm sick. My wife says I'm a big baby.

Quote:

all I'm sayin' is I worked with Chuck (and we both got in trouble making pests of ourselves during the all-star game BTW).

Tofu must be $$$$$. Guess that's why I don't eat it. :D