The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Weirdest pre-game ever (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/11967-weirdest-pre-game-ever.html)

Mark Padgett Thu Jan 29, 2004 03:54pm

During a pre-game, my partner tells me he's not going to be able to get up and down the floor very well tonight, so he would appreciate me "covering" for him whenever that happens. I tell him OK, and ask him what the problem is.

Me: "Did you hurt your leg or something?"
Him: "No, my hemorrhoids are acting up something terrible. They itch like crazy."

That was waaaaaaay more than I needed to know.

CYO Butch Thu Jan 29, 2004 04:07pm

Thanks for sharing -- NOT ! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-014.gif

[Edited by CYO Butch on Jan 29th, 2004 at 03:12 PM]

ChuckElias Thu Jan 29, 2004 04:37pm

Slight Change of Topic. . .

Wierdest Captains Meeting Ever --

I was the U for a Girls V game about a month ago. R asks who the floor captain is, then says, "Ok, ladies, we don't want any inappropriate touching tonight. [pause, pause] By that I mean fouls." Big smile. The uproarious laughter that he was apparently expecting never materialized.

I just couldn't believe he would think that was a funny or appropriate way to address teenage girls on the basketball court. Wierd.

DownTownTonyBrown Thu Jan 29, 2004 04:56pm

They're high school girls; very few of them know what inappropriate is. They're into challenging the boundaries. Everything seems to be appropriate until they get caught or pregnant or diseased or...

Teach your kids and enforce boundaries Chuck... before they adopt everyone else's lack of boundaries.

Jurassic Referee Thu Jan 29, 2004 05:50pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias

<b>Wierdest</b> Captains Meeting Ever --

<b>Wierd.</b>

:confused: Wierd?

ChuckElias Thu Jan 29, 2004 06:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
They're high school girls; very few of them know what inappropriate is. They're into challenging the boundaries. Everything seems to be appropriate until they get caught or pregnant or diseased or...
And this makes the comment appropriate? :confused:

ChuckElias Thu Jan 29, 2004 06:10pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
<b>Wierd.</b>

:confused: Wierd? [/B][/QUOTE]
C'mon. It can't be the first time you've noticed that?!?! :cool:

Jurassic Referee Thu Jan 29, 2004 06:54pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
<b>Wierd.</b>

:confused: Wierd?

C'mon. It can't be the first time you've noticed that?!?! :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]Sure isn't. You doing it on purpose? Trying to blow the top of Mark Dexter's head off?

canuckrefguy Thu Jan 29, 2004 08:48pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
So what makes you think WE need to know? :D

Bart Tyson Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:14pm

I think I have one better. The R and I went to greet the V-coach just before the start of the game. After a short exchange of words, He says to her " You sure have pretty eyes", with a big smile on his face. I did tell him, not to ever do that again.

Dan_ref Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:22pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Bart Tyson
I think I have one better. The R and I went to greet the V-coach just before the start of the game. After a short exchange of words, He says to her " You sure have pretty eyes", with a big smile on his face. I did tell him, not to ever do that again.
Joe Namath doing woman's college ball now?

"C'mon honey...isss jes you an' *hick* you an' me...now givus a big kisss why dontchya? BUUUUUUUURRRRRRPPPPPPP"

Damian Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:02pm

Said what to V coach?

Was this the same guy that thought harrass was two words?

coachgrd Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:36pm

pre-game meeting

A guy I used to coach against went over to the dark side (your side ;)) and is now officiating. We both have the same sense of humor. At one of our games recently he finished up the pre-game talk with coaches/captains with the usual "Does anyone have any questions?" I could'nt resist. I replied "Yes, umm, tonite, are baskets worth 2 points a piece?" The look on the faces of our opponent's captains was priceless...one of those "did this idiot just fall off the turnip truck yesterday?" Maybe it's one of those you had to be there but I must admit it went over pretty well if I must say so!

zebraman Fri Jan 30, 2004 03:08pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
During a pre-game, my partner tells me he's not going to be able to get up and down the floor very well tonight, so he would appreciate me "covering" for him whenever that happens. I tell him OK, and ask him what the problem is.

Me: "Did you hurt your leg or something?"
Him: "No, my hemorrhoids are acting up something terrible. They itch like crazy."

Mark. Sounds like he "left you hanging." If my partner said that, I'd be really "inflamed." "Butt" I'd try to be understanding. Maybe he was just trying to give you proper "preparation" in your pre-game? I bet your were just "itchin'" to get out on the floor after that.

Z

Mark Padgett Fri Jan 30, 2004 05:04pm

Quote:

Originally posted by zebraman

Mark. Sounds like he "left you hanging." If my partner said that, I'd be really "inflamed." "Butt" I'd try to be understanding. Maybe he was just trying to give you proper "preparation" in your pre-game? I bet your were just "itchin'" to get out on the floor after that.

Z

You forgot - "Is there life on Uranus? Yes, Klingons!"