The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
Woman, oh woman, this thread is getting out of hand! And to think it all started with a coach getting mad about her team being womanhandled on the court. How did we womanage to get this far?

Perhaps this is not for officials to decide, but for game womanagement to decide. I wonder what this coach's womantra is...probably "womany spoons stir the pot" or whatever that saying is spouting forth from her womandible.

As soon as this thread is closed and forgotten about, it will be like womanna from heaven.

Well, like the Spanish say, hasta woman~ana.
Obviously you have a co-womyn-ding ability to communicate but please note the proper spelling for future reference.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Question

How can this go on for five pages? Please someone ask another question.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

First of all, I'm a big kidder so the first question was a joke. How did you guys miss that, you must have had a bad game last night.

Second, we all wear v-neck shirts (high school refs) because of the NFHS. We all wear black pants and black shoes because of the NFHS. We call a "push" instead of "over the back" because of NFHS. If they add a line about using "man" vs. "person" in the rule book, we have to adhear.

Third, Bob Knight is a poster child for NOT doing what he's told to do. People have become a lot less tolerant of personalities like his. If the NFHS hands down a standard, you'd do better to comply. Please, spare me the comments about conforming and civil disobedience.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
First of all, I'm a big kidder so the first question was a joke. How did you guys miss that, you must have had a bad game last night.

Second, we all wear v-neck shirts (high school refs) because of the NFHS. We all wear black pants and black shoes because of the NFHS. We call a "push" instead of "over the back" because of NFHS. If they add a line about using "man" vs. "person" in the rule book, we have to adhear.

Third, Bob Knight is a poster child for NOT doing what he's told to do. People have become a lot less tolerant of personalities like his. If the NFHS hands down a standard, you'd do better to comply. Please, spare me the comments about conforming and civil disobedience.
Luther:

You will quickly learn if you haven't already that we are a pretty tight knit bunch around here and when a newbie comes in and starts bashing the integrety of the forum (although you may have did it in jest) you are in for a response. So don't be surprized that posters replied as they did. Although this forum is a huge source of info we do have fun once in a while and that is what this post has "mutated" into. BTW welcome to the forum.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Has the whole world gone MAD????

NO

I choose to find a little giggle when ever possible to brighten my day, and man, this has been great.

Life is very short, ask that to the 13 year old player who dropped dead that we all read about on this forum!!
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 01:19pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Jeeeeez! If I knew this post would go on for five pages, I would have asked Brad for some royalties.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2004, 07:30am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Two thumbs up

I tuned out of this post due to its degeneration into puns and other silly stuff (what? here!?), but I am glad I got back on just for Barry's post. That's worth printing and saving.
Old Sat Jan 31, 2004, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Let's go for 6

I would have told the coach to read a dictionary, not the NFHS rule book. Technically, every player on the court is a man, if you ask Daniel Webster. I belive definition 4 b covers it. If a girl basketball player isn't a man, we better rewrite the dictionary.

"4 a : one of the distinctive objects moved by each player in various board games b : one of the players on a team"