The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

Based on NFHS rules:

1. A1 attempts shot at basket (in judgement of official). Attempt hits nothing, and A1 rebounds his own "shot". Walking or clean rebound? (rule number, please)

2. What is the rule number in NFHS that does not allow Defense rebounder to stand on foul lane block during foul shot attempt?
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bwbuddy
Based on NFHS rules:

1. A1 attempts shot at basket (in judgement of official). Attempt hits nothing, and A1 rebounds his own "shot". Walking or clean rebound? (rule number, please)

4-travelling;4-try;4-player control

Quote:
2. What is the rule number in NFHS that does not allow Defense rebounder to stand on foul lane block during foul shot attempt?
I'm not sure there's any rule that says specifically it's prohibited. But 8-x says that the players must be "in" a marked lane space, and I think 1 defines the lane spaces as not including the markings on the floor.

Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote: 1. A1 attempts shot at basket (in judgement of official). Attempt hits nothing, and A1 rebounds his own "shot". Walking or clean rebound? (rule number, please)

I just read in the case book a similar situation and this was not ruled as a violation, if I recall. A1 shot the ball, it missed everything, and A1 caught his shot before it hit the floor. He could dribble, shoot, or pass.

Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bwbuddy
Based on NFHS rules:

rule 4-12-3a. Team control continues until: The ball is in flight during a try or tap for goal. (clean rebound)

Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 10:46am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by red
Quote: 1. A1 attempts shot at basket (in judgement of official). Attempt hits nothing, and A1 rebounds his own "shot". Walking or clean rebound? (rule number, please)

I just read in the case book a similar situation and this was not ruled as a violation, if I recall. A1 shot the ball, it missed everything, and A1 caught his shot before it hit the floor. He could dribble, shoot, or pass.

Casebook play 4.43.SitB
Old Mon Jan 05, 2004, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Neutral Zone

The low block is called the neutral zone. As such, players are not allowed to have a foot in or over the neutral zone until the restrictions end.

Mregor