The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Last night I had a situation and cannot find a case book interpretation.

Second quarter, A25 shooting two. Misses the first, Makes the second. Visitor book does not have an A25, neither does the home book. Home book identifies player as A23. Coach B screaming there is a book problem and finally calls time out (the table did not blow horn). I get to table and verify book problem. Coach B wants point taken off the score because A25 not in book.

My ruling: Change number in book to be correct. Team Technical against A. No time-out charged to B. Leave score alone. Short Explanation to coaches as to what has been called. Short lecture for table scorers and time keeper about what requires immediate attention of officials. Shoot FTs for A, A ball at division line.

I just want to verify I got it right and that there were no other options in a case like that. Thanks for your comments.
Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref in PA
Last night I had a situation and cannot find a case book interpretation.

Second quarter, A25 shooting two. Misses the first, Makes the second. Visitor book does not have an A25, neither does the home book. Home book identifies player as A23. Coach B screaming there is a book problem and finally calls time out (the table did not blow horn). I get to table and verify book problem. Coach B wants point taken off the score because A25 not in book.

My ruling: Change number in book to be correct. Team Technical against A. No time-out charged to B. Leave score alone. Short Explanation to coaches as to what has been called. Short lecture for table scorers and time keeper about what requires immediate attention of officials. Shoot FTs for A, A ball at division line.

I just want to verify I got it right and that there were no other options in a case like that. Thanks for your comments.
Other than having the wrong team shoot the FTs (I'm sure it was really a typo), you got it right.

Old Tue Dec 02, 2003, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

correct - typo. thanks