The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New face for 2024 NCAA tourney (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/106192-new-face-2024-ncaa-tourney.html)

justacoach Sun Mar 17, 2024 01:59pm

New face for 2024 NCAA tourney

Proud to note that #1 son has been chosen to work the 2024 NCAA Men's tournament.

His early career success was highly influenced by what he learned on this forum.

Appreciation and sincere thanks to all of you who contributed to this forum over the years.

BillyMac Sun Mar 17, 2024 02:10pm

Congratulations ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 1052257)
His early career success was highly influenced by what he learned ...

... from his Dad.

Zoochy Sun Mar 17, 2024 02:23pm

Quote:

Proud to note that #1 son has been chosen to work the 2024 NCAA Men's tournament.

His early career success was highly influenced by what he learned on this forum.

Appreciation and sincere thanks to all of you who contributed to this forum over the years.

How about that.
Congratulations

Raymond Sun Mar 17, 2024 04:11pm

Quote:

When I want people to see an example of what a referee should be doing, he is the male example I use.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The_Rookie Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:47pm

Quote:

Is this his first time working the big dance?

JRutledge Mon Mar 18, 2024 09:00pm

Well congrats to him. DFIU!!!!!

Will you be going to the game to watch? Can you go? But let us know as soon as you can (and we know this is not always easy) when he is working.

Peace

justacoach Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rookie (Post 1052267)
Is this his first time working the big dance?

Yes, for NCAA, but routinely works WNBA and Gleague finals

Took him 19 years to get to this point. Started at age 14:)

The_Rookie Tue Mar 19, 2024 02:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 1052271)
Yes, for NCAA, but routinely works WNBA and Gleague finals

Took him 19 years to get to this point. Started at age 14:)

The Men's National Coordinator is a personal friend and good dude. Very happy for you and your family that your son was given a Big Dance spot!

Rich Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:18pm

Since the person that did this in the past is no longer on the forum, I'll track the officials this year. The thread is created and pinned. Going to add scores and KenPom official ratings as well.

JRutledge Wed Mar 20, 2024 07:59pm

What is the KenPom rating system?

Peace

jmwking Wed Mar 20, 2024 08:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1052274)
Since the person that did this in the past is no longer on the forum, I'll track the officials this year. The thread is created and pinned. Going to add scores and KenPom official ratings as well.

Is KenPom rating officials now? :eek:

Rich Thu Mar 21, 2024 07:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1052275)
What is the KenPom rating system?

Peace

They're rated by the quality of game they work (Thrill Score) - that formula I know nothing about, but I can pretty much guarantee that the Final Four officials will likely be in their Top 20. It's just a fun number, mainly. It likely will show how many first timers and mid major officials are working - those will be higher numbers, likely.

thumpferee Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53am

Congratulations!!

If I may, I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate, not one, but two LOCALS who will also be going to the “dance”.

Chris Pasci, who is working on Wednesday &
Greg Evans, who has two games in Charlotte.

I was going to post this under Rich’s post but it’s locked.

justacoach Fri Mar 22, 2024 01:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpferee (Post 1052278)
Congratulations!!

If I may, I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate, not one, but two LOCALS who will also be going to the “dance”.

Chris Pasci, who is working on Wednesday &
Greg Evans, who has two games in Charlotte.

I was going to post this under Rich’s post but it’s locked.

Kudos to them. I'm sure they are worthy.