The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 04, 2000, 03:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Here's one to chew on. Can you ever assess more than two direct technicals on a player and/or a coach during the same game?

If so, what would be the circumstances?
Old Sat Nov 04, 2000, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
I don't see how you could. After all, after the 2nd technical the person is either Disqualified( player) or ejected(coach). After the person has been assesd two T's, they are no longer in the game, therefore making it impossible for them to be nailed again. This is why the Fed DQ procedure has the reporting official is to notify the coach first, then the player. The reason for this is so that if the offender commits any more unsportsmanline conduct, he/she is now bench personal and thus the T is charged indirectly to the Head coach.

correct me if i'm wrong

Tyler
Old Sat Nov 04, 2000, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
I don't see how you could. After all, after the 2nd technical the person is either Disqualified( player) or ejected(coach). After the person has been assesd two T's, they are no longer in the game, therefore making it impossible for them to be nailed again. This is why the Fed DQ procedure has the reporting official is to notify the coach first, then the player. The reason for this is so that if the offender commits any more unsportsmanline conduct, he/she is now bench personal and thus the T is charged indirectly to the Head coach.

correct me if i'm wrong

Tyler
If the T is charged indirectly to the head coach, to whom is it charged directly?

So, yes, it's possible (not likely) that someone could get more than two technical fouls.
Old Sat Nov 04, 2000, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

OK, now after you have smoked the Head Coach with his two T's, as he is leaving the court he turns and curses you loudly. How do you handle this?
Old Sat Nov 04, 2000, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
correct me if i'm wrong
Okay, you're wrong. Here's the correction! :^)

I don't see how you could. After all, after the 2nd technical the person is either Disqualified( player) or ejected(coach). After the person has been assesd two T's, they are no longer in the game, therefore making it impossible for them to be nailed again.

Impossible? I don't think so. Remember that players are allowed to remain on the bench.

What if the player re-enters the game after being ejected for 2 Ts? 10-3-2

What if an ejected player leaves the bench during a fight? 10-4-4

Commit any other qualifying offense while on the bench after being ejected? 10-3 and 10-4 all articles

This is why the Fed DQ procedure has the reporting official is to notify the coach first, then the player. The reason for this is so that if the offender commits any more unsportsmanline conduct, he/she is now bench personnel and thus the T is charged indirectly to the Head coach.

Yes, but it's still charged directly to the player.

Here's one! A Team A wins by 2 points. Team A's ejected coach comes back onto the floor and curses the officials before they can leave the floor. Third technical? You betcha!

Very few things are impossible during a basketball game!
Old Thu Nov 09, 2000, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

BktBallRef, very well stated!! I agree.