The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Second Quarter throw-in. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/105221-second-quarter-throw.html)

JRutledge Wed Dec 30, 2020 09:48am

Second Quarter throw-in.
 
I want you to tell me what you would do in this situation. This happened to me yesterday in my game.

The blue team has the arrow to start the second quarter. A1 from the blue team is the thrower. And as a team A2 sets a called illegal screen on B2 before the throw-in is touched by any player inbounds.

What is your ruling? Consider everything you would have to consider after the foul was called.

Peace

BillyMac Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:25am

Alternating Possession Throwin ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1040699)
The blue team has the arrow to start the second quarter. A1 from the blue team is the thrower. And as a team A2 sets a called illegal screen on B2 before the throw-in is touched by any player inbounds. Consider everything you would have to consider after the foul was called.

6-4-5: If either team fouls during an alternating possession throw-in, it does not cause the throw-in team to lose the possession arrow.

6-4-4: The direction of the possession arrow is reversed immediately after an alternating-possession throw-in ends. An alternating-possession throw-in ends when the throw-in ends as in 4-42-5.

4-42-5: The throw-in ends when:
a. The passed ball touches or is touched by another player inbounds.
b. The passed ball touches or is touched by another player out-of-bounds, except as in 7-5-7.
c. The throw-in team commits a throw-in violation.


4-19-7: A team-control foul is a common foul committed by a member of the team that has team control or by a member of the throw-in team from the start of the throw-in until player control is obtained inbounds

Rule 10 Penalties Summary
1. No free throws:
b. For a player-control or team-control foul.


7-4-5: The ball is awarded out of bounds after: A player-control or team-control foul, as in 7-5-4a.

7-5-4-A: Designated out-of-bounds spot throw-in nearest the foul: after a team-control foul, as in 4-19-7; any player of the offended team must make the throw-in.

6-1-2-B: The ball becomes live when: On a throw-in, it is at the disposal of the thrower.

LRZ Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:49am

Team control foul; ball to Team B for a throw-in at the spot closest to the foul. Team A retains the arrow.

Camron Rust Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 1040704)
Team control foul; ball to Team B for a throw-in at the spot closest to the foul. Team A retains the arrow.

I agree.

JRutledge Wed Dec 30, 2020 03:05pm

The clock actually had 3 seconds off as well.

Peace

bob jenkins Wed Dec 30, 2020 04:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1040707)
The clock actually had 3 seconds off as well.

Peace

I can see from here that both coaches agreed to shorten the quarter. Let it go. ;)

JRutledge Wed Dec 30, 2020 04:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1040708)
I can see from here that both coaches agreed to shorten the quarter. Let it go. ;)

IF the clock should not start, do not start the clock. Just like if you have a violation on the jump ball before it is legally touched.

Peace

bob jenkins Wed Dec 30, 2020 06:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1040709)
IF the clock should not start, do not start the clock. Just like if you have a violation on the jump ball before it is legally touched.

Peace

Apparently I should have used the blue font.

crosscountry55 Wed Dec 30, 2020 07:18pm

Second Quarter throw-in.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1040708)
I can see from here that both coaches agreed to shorten the quarter. Let it go. ;)

Now itís right...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1