The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 13, 2020, 01:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Do you really think the CCA gets into mechanics?
Just as stated he is one person on the committee. So I am sure other supervisors (which make up most of the committee) have a say. I know the B1G had a huge influence in recent years with something they were doing in the B1G before it was put in the book and the supervisor is on the committee now. I am sure there is some debate as to what should be done. Heck JD might be also announcing some changes, but these notes are things that are not final when it comes to mechanics.

Peace
Old Wed Aug 19, 2020, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

My PCF signal involves stopping the clock with a fist, followed by putting the hand that stopped the clock behind the head and punching with the other hand. This cannot be confused with a score the goal signal. For contrast, I use the approved "score the goal" signal with an open hand, the same hand that stopped the clock. That said, I understand why the CCA Men's Mechanics Committee made the change to have the hand behind the head.
The $1,000,000 question is who among Division I officials will actually comply with the new directive in the upcoming season, and will this directive be followed in the 2021 tournament, should it happen?
Old Wed Aug 19, 2020, 11:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
My PCF signal involves stopping the clock with a fist, followed by putting the hand that stopped the clock behind the head and punching with the other hand. This cannot be confused with a score the goal signal. For contrast, I use the approved "score the goal" signal with an open hand, the same hand that stopped the clock. That said, I understand why the CCA Men's Mechanics Committee made the change to have the hand behind the head.
The $1,000,000 question is who among Division I officials will actually comply with the new directive in the upcoming season, and will this directive be followed in the 2021 tournament, should it happen?
It might be used as a factor if someone is consistently using proper mechanics or if someone is not using proper mechanics, especially if the margin of difference is so close. But it would not likely be with just this one thing, it would be other mechanics or procedures addressed I am sure.

Peace