The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Rutt: Oklahoma State at Kansas video. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/105004-rutt-oklahoma-state-kansas-video.html)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:30pm

Rutt: Oklahoma State at Kansas video.

Jeff:

Can you find the video starting at the 14:45 mark of the 2nd Half. We want to look at the Foul at 14:38.

Thanks,

MTD, Sr.

JRutledge Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1037840)
Jeff:

Can you find the video starting at the 14:45 mark of the 2nd Half. We want to look at the Foul at 14:38.

Thanks,

MTD, Sr.

Can you tell me what I am looking for? :)

Peace

JRutledge Tue Feb 25, 2020 02:29pm

Here is the play (Video)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xQ5JLbDfRVg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

Raymond Tue Feb 25, 2020 02:49pm

That was definitely intentional in nature, but I do not know if it reaches the level of calling an F2 (severe or extreme).

I'm going with Contact Dead Ball Technical (contact that is unnecessary, unacceptable or excessive, but does not rise to the level of a flagrant 2 contact technical foul).

AremRed Tue Feb 25, 2020 04:45pm

Agree with Raymond, not enough for F2. Run of the mill DBCT.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Feb 25, 2020 05:55pm

Jeff:

I have not been home all day. Thanks for finding the video for the Group.

MTD, Sr.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Feb 25, 2020 06:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1037868)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xQ5JLbDfRVg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

Yes, I have been a KU fan since birth (my mother, Class of 1942), but I would have gone with a Dead Ball Contact TF and it being a FF-2. To be honest, I had it as a Flagrant Foul #2 when I was watched the game live and was surprised that it was ruled a FF-1. Just my humble opinion.

MTD, Sr.

JRutledge Tue Feb 25, 2020 06:32pm

If he would have hit him clean and very hard, then I would agree with Flagrant 2. But I think this was just stupid and not very hard contact. I think this was appropriate at all levels I work. I think he was even surprised he hit him so high, which is why he reacted the way he did.

I also cut out a point where he seemed remorseful. I think we can sometimes officiate the result. If the player had been hurt or got hit higher, then we should consider an F2. This just was not it for me.

Peace

crosscountry55 Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:31pm

Point of clarification: I know the offended team gets the ball for a CDBT, but I thought the location was at division line either side, not the spot nearest the foul. Or is that just for F2Ts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1037881)
If he would have hit him clean and very hard, then I would agree with Flagrant 2. But I think this was just stupid and not very hard contact. I think this was appropriate at all levels I work. I think he was even surprised he hit him so high, which is why he reacted the way he did.

I also cut out a point where he seemed remorseful. I think we can sometimes officiate the result. If the player had been hurt or got hit higher, then we should consider an F2. This just was not it for me.

Peace

I have to disagree with you. It is not how hard the contact was. It was the intent of the action. He attempted to elbow his opponent in the head. That meets the standard of a Flagrant Foul 2.

MTD, Sr.

Raymond Wed Feb 26, 2020 08:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosscountry55 (Post 1037885)
Point of clarification: I know the offended team gets the ball for a CDBT, but I thought the location was at division line either side, not the spot nearest the foul. Or is that just for F2Ts?

Rule change this season. One of the 4 spots if throw-in is in front court, closest spot if in the back court. If CDBT occurs prior to start of the game or during halftime, then throw-in would be from division line.

(Prior to the season, my study group was debating the throw-in spot if the CDBT occurs in pre-game. I argued, in the minority, that it should be the division line. Shortly thereafter, NCAA came out with an interp or clarification)

bob jenkins Wed Feb 26, 2020 08:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosscountry55 (Post 1037885)

I think this is the relevant NCAAM rule:

Art. 7. After a single technical foul, including a contact dead ball technical or
a flagrant 2 technical, play shall resume with a throw-in from a designated spot
using the procedures in Rule 7-3.2. (Exception: When Rule 7-4.6 applies.)

(the exception is "after a made basket ...."

Note that FED and NCAAW would be different on this.

crosscountry55 Wed Feb 26, 2020 08:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1037894)
Rule change this season. One of the 4 spots if throw-in is in front court, closest spot if in the back court. If CDBT occurs prior to start of the game or during halftime, then throw-in would be from division line.

(Prior to the season, my study group was debating the throw-in spot if the CDBT occurs in pre-game. I argued, in the minority, that it should be the division line. Shortly thereafter, NCAA came out with an interp or clarification)

Cool, thanks Raymond! Is that the same for F2Ts? And does it matter whether or not contact is involved?

Raymond Wed Feb 26, 2020 09:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosscountry55 (Post 1037898)
Cool, thanks Raymond! Is that the same for F2Ts? And does it matter whether or not contact is involved?

Yep, all fouls and violations now go to one of the 4 spots if the resulting throw-in is in the front court, or closest spot in the back court.