The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Undergarments (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104911-undergarments.html)

Zoochy Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38am

Undergarments
 
During warm ups the officials notice that A1 is wearing tights and has either cut off one leg or rolled up one leg so that it is completely under the shorts.

What should the officials rule?

SC Official Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:48am

In NCAA-M this is not legal. Legs on tights have to be the same length.

NFHS there is nothing illegal so long as the color restrictions are satisfied.

BigT Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1036701)
In NCAA-M this is not legal. Legs on tights have to be the same length.

NFHS there is nothing illegal so long as the color restrictions are satisfied.

Thanks to you both. I was wondering about this.

BillyMac Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:15pm

Tights ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1036701)
NFHS there is nothing illegal so long as the color restrictions are satisfied.

3-5-3: Arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves, compression
shorts and tights are permissible:
a. Anything worn on the arm and/or leg is a sleeve, except a knee
brace, and shall meet the color restrictions.
b. The sleeves/tights, compression shorts shall be black, white, beige
or the predominant color of the jersey and the same color
sleeves/tights shall be worn by teammates.
c. All sleeves/tights, compression shorts shall be the same solid color
and must be the same color as any headband or wristband worn.
d. Meet the logo requirements in 3-6.

Scrapper1 Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:25pm

Is this an epidemic? I just had 3 different people ask me this exact question during our last board meeting! How many players are out there wearing one-legged tights???

bob jenkins Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 1036704)
Is this an epidemic? I just had 3 different people ask me this exact question during our last board meeting! How many players are out there wearing one-legged tights???

Some "famous" player does it, so now it's the cool trend.

NCAAW: a player can wear just one sleeve, or sleeves of different lengths, but if the player is wearing tights, the legs must be the same length.

Raymond Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 1036704)
Is this an epidemic? I just had 3 different people ask me this exact question during our last board meeting! How many players are out there wearing one-legged tights???

I only worked 7 games (all college) before getting injured and out for the season, and I think my crews had to address it 3-4 times.

Pantherdreams Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1036705)
Some "famous" player does it, so now it's the cool trend.

NCAAW: a player can wear just one sleeve, or sleeves of different lengths, but if the player is wearing tights, the legs must be the same length.

Since I've been that guy on like 2 other posts today. . .

Tights must be the same length or must be worn at same length.

Ie. Can we have tights that are calf length on both legs but one is bunch up to knee and other is taunt on calf? Conversely, can we have tights that are two different lengths but both are being worn to same length?

Are we administrating the length of the tights or the length at which the tights are being worn and which has to the same.

Kansas Ref Mon Jan 13, 2020 01:03pm

Mr. Panther: I feel your pain on being a "traffic cop" and trying to be diligent and I respect you for your kind efforts; as for me, if the "Color requirements" of undergarments pass, then I don't worry about the "length aspects. You've got bigger fish to fry...:)

SC Official Mon Jan 13, 2020 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas Ref (Post 1036712)
Mr. Panther: I feel your pain on being a "traffic cop" and trying to be diligent and I respect you for your kind efforts; as for me, if the "Color requirements" of undergarments pass, then I don't worry about the "length aspects. You've got bigger fish to fry...:)

Well in NFHS the length aspect is irrelevant.

In NCAA-M it's a new rule this year and in my college games, it's expected that we will enforce it.

bob jenkins Mon Jan 13, 2020 02:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherdreams (Post 1036710)
Since I've been that guy on like 2 other posts today. . .

Tights must be the same length or must be worn at same length.

Ie. Can we have tights that are calf length on both legs but one is bunch up to knee and other is taunt on calf? Conversely, can we have tights that are two different lengths but both are being worn to same length?

Are we administrating the length of the tights or the length at which the tights are being worn and which has to the same.

Treat it just as you'd treat the undershirt sleeves.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1