The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104724-shoes.html)

WhistlesAndStripes Sun Sep 15, 2019 01:46am

Shoes

Ok, the season is fast approaching. What are you all wearing this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JRutledge Sun Sep 15, 2019 02:02am

Been wearing Nike Men's Air VaporMax Flyknit 1 and 2 versions the last 3 or so years.

I am going to try for college games Asics Men's Gel Quantum 360. I have loved Asics in the past for walking shoes but did not find an officiating shoe from them I could wear in the past.

Peace

Raymond Sun Sep 15, 2019 09:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhistlesAndStripes (Post 1034438)
Ok, the season is fast approaching. What are you all wearing this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I've been wearing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JRutledge Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1034445)
What I've been wearing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are such a contrarian. I love it though. LOL!!!

Peace

bucky Sun Sep 15, 2019 04:05pm

I will be using Nike Lebron XVI low in triple black. Very comfortable but not very breathable.

dbogcpa Tue Sep 17, 2019 07:42am

Hoka Bondi 5 and Hoka Clifton 6. Most comfortable shoes by far.

Kansas Ref Tue Sep 24, 2019 01:24pm

patent leather basketball officiating shoes put out by ump-attire.com; very comfy however they are now 3 yrs old---a few scuff marks on them that I need to buff out tho before the thanksgiving tournament.

JRutledge Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:11pm

Just purchased the Asics Men's Gel Quantum 360. I have not worn them yet in a game, but they feel good and I have heard great things about them. They will be my college shoe for now. I have liked Asics in the past for normal shoes, so I know they feel good on my feet normally. Never saw a basketball shoe I felt worth wearing. We will see how they work out in a few weeks.

Peace

bas2456 Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:15am

I've sworn by Zigs for a long time, but thinking about making a switch. I'd be interested to hear mid-season reviews from those of you who are trying new shoes this season.

swkansasref33 Tue Oct 01, 2019 09:43am

Brooks Adrenaline for me.

ilyazhito Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:20pm

I have 2 pairs of Nike Air Monarchs in all black. They look good and are comfortable. They aren't marketed as court shoes, but they are good as court shoes and as running shoes.

Kansas Ref Tue Oct 01, 2019 03:38pm

I've taken a google-look at those various types/styles of "exercise/fitness shoes" and they are quite sporty looking; however, aren't they "fitness" shoes?
I guess in this "post-modern era" there's no need to stick with traditional types of officiating shoes---strive for comfort, style, and availability right?

JRutledge Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas Ref (Post 1034694)
I've taken a google-look at those various types/styles of "exercise/fitness shoes" and they are quite sporty looking; however, aren't they "fitness" shoes?
I guess in this "post-modern era" there's no need to stick with traditional types of officiating shoes---strive for comfort, style, and availability right?

I guess that depends on what you consider traditional type officiating shoes to be. Shoe companies are no longer making all leather, black shoes across the board that we can shine. So we have to find whatever fits and often some standards have been relaxed as a result. Also, all leather shoes are heavier and do not breathe very well. So that is why I stopped using Zigs and other similar types of shoes that were "traditional."

Peace

Kansas Ref Wed Oct 02, 2019 02:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1034697)
I guess that depends on what you consider traditional type officiating shoes to be. Shoe companies are no longer making all leather, black shoes across the board that we can shine. So we have to find whatever fits and often some standards have been relaxed as a result. Also, all leather shoes are heavier and do not breathe very well. So that is why I stopped using Zigs and other similar types of shoes that were "traditional."

Peace

*very clear JRut! thanks!

RefsNCoaches Wed Oct 16, 2019 02:53pm

Nike AirMax 270s. Comfy and have some bounce to them. Very Comfy Shoe...at least for me.