The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 05, 2019, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

No Room In The Attic

We are moving and our new (metaphorical) attic is smaller than our current attic. I'm looking to get rid of 20+ years of FED and NCAA rules books, case books, mechanics manuals, interps, quizzes, pre-season tests, etc. I would have almost all the books and annual interps; a random selection of the pre-season tests, etc.

Let me know if you are interested.
Old Wed Jun 05, 2019, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Perhaps you could get these scanned and uploaded to the interwebs so everyone could enjoy them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old Wed Jun 05, 2019, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlesAndStripes View Post
Perhaps you could get these scanned and uploaded to the interwebs so everyone could enjoy them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NFW I am doing that for 20 years of books and case books -- some of which can't be easily taken apart and almost all of which are "leaf bound" or whatever it's called and not just double-sided printed.

I'll be glad to send them to someone who wants to take on this project.
Old Thu Jun 06, 2019, 01:41pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
NFW I am doing that for 20 years of books and case books -- some of which can't be easily taken apart and almost all of which are "leaf bound" or whatever it's called and not just double-sided printed.

Took me a minute to figure out what "NFW" meant! Potty-mouth, Bob!
Old Thu Jun 06, 2019, 01:55pm
AremRed

Quote:
Perhaps have a professional do it — give us a link to donate and I’m pretty sure ppl on here will throw you a couple bucks to help!
Old Thu Jun 06, 2019, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

The problem with scanning and sharing is there are copyright issues. Now, will the NFHS send takedown notices or sue people for sharing 20 year old rule books? Possibly not. But, that could be a lot of time and money to spend on a project like this for it all to have gone for naught.
Old Thu Jun 06, 2019, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
The problem with scanning and sharing is there are copyright issues. Now, will the NFHS send takedown notices or sue people for sharing 20 year old rule books? Possibly not. But, that could be a lot of time and money to spend on a project like this for it all to have gone for naught.
All it takes is one other person to have the file. And just like ragweed, it'll spread.
Old Thu Jun 06, 2019, 11:38pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
We are moving and our new (metaphorical) attic is smaller than our current attic. I'm looking to get rid of 20+ years of FED and NCAA rules books, case books, mechanics manuals, interps, quizzes, pre-season tests, etc. I would have almost all the books and annual interps; a random selection of the pre-season tests, etc.
Let me know if you are interested.
OK, look. I'm nobody. I get it. But as previously posted and apparently blatantly ignored, I've been looking for an NFHS Officials' Manual, probably the issue prior to 2003-05 or so, that has the text of the "Going Opposite Table after Foul Reporting" -- an issue that I'm sure is in the collected dusty and probably mold-laden treasure trove of the petitioner Bob's library -- but I sure can't expect a guy who's busy moving to another residence, probably at quite a handsome profit, to PM me to seek out my address so that he could take time out of his busy packing and moving day to box that one issue up and send to me that NFHS Officials' Manual that I've been feverishly seeking and would happily be willing to pay for, both sentimental value and postage, and that he must have read about that I was looking for which he had all along but for some reason refused to do anything about replying and mentioning the fact that he had the issue all along so that I could offer to pay for postage for if only he'd have offered to send it to me so that I could finish the project I'm working on.

Sorry to end that sentence with a preposition.

P.S. Not that I'm arguing with Bob.

Last edited by Freddy; Fri Jun 07, 2019 at 12:02am.
Old Fri Jun 07, 2019, 12:30am
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
OK, look. I'm nobody. I get it. But as previously posted and apparently blatantly ignored, I've been looking for an NFHS Officials' Manual, probably the issue prior to 2003-05 or so, that has the text of the "Going Opposite Table after Foul Reporting" -- an issue that I'm sure is in the collected dusty and probably mold-laden treasure trove of the petitioner Bob's library -- but I sure can't expect a guy who's busy moving to another residence, probably at quite a handsome profit, to PM me to seek out my address so that he could take time out of his busy packing and moving day to box that one issue up and send to me that NFHS Officials' Manual that I've been feverishly seeking and would happily be willing to pay for, both sentimental value and postage, and that he must have read about that I was looking for which he had all along but for some reason refused to do anything about replying and mentioning the fact that he had the issue all along so that I could offer to pay for postage for if only he'd have offered to send it to me so that I could finish the project I'm working on.

Don't get me started on DeNucci. He won't even answer any of my emails or texts or PM's. Not that I'm anybody. And he's got NFHS publications back to what . . . 1870 or so?????

Last edited by Freddy; Fri Jun 07, 2019 at 12:33am.
Old Fri Jun 07, 2019, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Fair point. I will look for that -- but we don't normally get the "Officials Manual" here -- I do have some from early years.

And, it's only just now that the room in which all this is stored is clean enough to even get to the books from this long ago.
Old Fri Jun 07, 2019, 08:37am
Esteemed Forum Member

Call Frank And Mike ...

Quote:
And, it's only just now that the room in which all this is stored is clean enough to even get to the books from this long ago.
A perfect storm for these guys.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Jun 07, 2019, 08:40am
Esteemed Forum Member

Of A Certain Age ...

Quote:
Don't get me started on DeNucci. He won't even answer any of my emails or texts or PM's. Not that I'm anybody. And he's got NFHS publications back to what . . . 1870 or so?????
I hope that he hasn't fallen and he can't get up.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)