The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   No Room In The Attic (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104619-no-room-attic.html)

bob jenkins Wed Jun 05, 2019 07:23am

No Room In The Attic

We are moving and our new (metaphorical) attic is smaller than our current attic. I'm looking to get rid of 20+ years of FED and NCAA rules books, case books, mechanics manuals, interps, quizzes, pre-season tests, etc. I would have almost all the books and annual interps; a random selection of the pre-season tests, etc.

Let me know if you are interested.

WhistlesAndStripes Wed Jun 05, 2019 02:08pm

Perhaps you could get these scanned and uploaded to the interwebs so everyone could enjoy them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bob jenkins Wed Jun 05, 2019 03:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhistlesAndStripes (Post 1033217)
Perhaps you could get these scanned and uploaded to the interwebs so everyone could enjoy them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NFW I am doing that for 20 years of books and case books -- some of which can't be easily taken apart and almost all of which are "leaf bound" or whatever it's called and not just double-sided printed.

I'll be glad to send them to someone who wants to take on this project.

rockyroad Thu Jun 06, 2019 01:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1033224)
NFW I am doing that for 20 years of books and case books -- some of which can't be easily taken apart and almost all of which are "leaf bound" or whatever it's called and not just double-sided printed.

Took me a minute to figure out what "NFW" meant! Potty-mouth, Bob!:D

AremRed Thu Jun 06, 2019 01:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1033224)

Perhaps have a professional do it — give us a link to donate and I’m pretty sure ppl on here will throw you a couple bucks to help!

Altor Thu Jun 06, 2019 02:10pm

The problem with scanning and sharing is there are copyright issues. Now, will the NFHS send takedown notices or sue people for sharing 20 year old rule books? Possibly not. But, that could be a lot of time and money to spend on a project like this for it all to have gone for naught.

Player989random Thu Jun 06, 2019 04:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altor (Post 1033262)
The problem with scanning and sharing is there are copyright issues. Now, will the NFHS send takedown notices or sue people for sharing 20 year old rule books? Possibly not. But, that could be a lot of time and money to spend on a project like this for it all to have gone for naught.

All it takes is one other person to have the file. And just like ragweed, it'll spread.

Freddy Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1033196)
We are moving and our new (metaphorical) attic is smaller than our current attic. I'm looking to get rid of 20+ years of FED and NCAA rules books, case books, mechanics manuals, interps, quizzes, pre-season tests, etc. I would have almost all the books and annual interps; a random selection of the pre-season tests, etc.
Let me know if you are interested.

OK, look. I'm nobody. I get it. But as previously posted and apparently blatantly ignored, I've been looking for an NFHS Officials' Manual, probably the issue prior to 2003-05 or so, that has the text of the "Going Opposite Table after Foul Reporting" -- an issue that I'm sure is in the collected dusty and probably mold-laden treasure trove of the petitioner Bob's library -- but I sure can't expect a guy who's busy moving to another residence, probably at quite a handsome profit, to PM me to seek out my address so that he could take time out of his busy packing and moving day to box that one issue up and send to me that NFHS Officials' Manual that I've been feverishly seeking and would happily be willing to pay for, both sentimental value and postage, and that he must have read about that I was looking for which he had all along but for some reason refused to do anything about replying and mentioning the fact that he had the issue all along so that I could offer to pay for postage for if only he'd have offered to send it to me so that I could finish the project I'm working on.

Sorry to end that sentence with a preposition.

P.S. Not that I'm arguing with Bob.

Freddy Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 1033273)
OK, look. I'm nobody. I get it. But as previously posted and apparently blatantly ignored, I've been looking for an NFHS Officials' Manual, probably the issue prior to 2003-05 or so, that has the text of the "Going Opposite Table after Foul Reporting" -- an issue that I'm sure is in the collected dusty and probably mold-laden treasure trove of the petitioner Bob's library -- but I sure can't expect a guy who's busy moving to another residence, probably at quite a handsome profit, to PM me to seek out my address so that he could take time out of his busy packing and moving day to box that one issue up and send to me that NFHS Officials' Manual that I've been feverishly seeking and would happily be willing to pay for, both sentimental value and postage, and that he must have read about that I was looking for which he had all along but for some reason refused to do anything about replying and mentioning the fact that he had the issue all along so that I could offer to pay for postage for if only he'd have offered to send it to me so that I could finish the project I'm working on.

Don't get me started on DeNucci. He won't even answer any of my emails or texts or PM's. Not that I'm anybody. And he's got NFHS publications back to what . . . 1870 or so?????

bob jenkins Fri Jun 07, 2019 07:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 1033273)

Fair point. I will look for that -- but we don't normally get the "Officials Manual" here -- I do have some from early years.

And, it's only just now that the room in which all this is stored is clean enough to even get to the books from this long ago.

BillyMac Fri Jun 07, 2019 08:37am

Call Frank And Mike ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1033277)
And, it's only just now that the room in which all this is stored is clean enough to even get to the books from this long ago.

A perfect storm for these guys.

https://tse2.explicit.bing.net/th?id...=0&w=222&h=167

BillyMac Fri Jun 07, 2019 08:40am

Of A Certain Age ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 1033275)
Don't get me started on DeNucci. He won't even answer any of my emails or texts or PM's. Not that I'm anybody. And he's got NFHS publications back to what . . . 1870 or so?????

I hope that he hasn't fallen and he can't get up.

https://tse1.explicit.bing.net/th?id...=0&w=385&h=174