The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Duke v Va Tech (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104505-duke-v-va-tech.html)

Nevadaref Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:56pm

Duke v Va Tech

Missed OOB on the sideline with 5.8 seconds left.
Ouch

WhistlesAndStripes Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57pm

Actually that was about 7.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:03pm

And Satan still wins. As usual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SC Official Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:05pm

K’s luckiest team ever.

AremRed Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1031787)
Missed OOB on the sideline with 5.8 seconds left.
Ouch

Less than an inch OOB while trying to referee loose ball and two D1 bodies? Pretty sure JD will take that. You'd miss that too. :)

Rich Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:12pm

Just seems like a thread to point out they missed a call. No other purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AremRed Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1031792)
Just seems like a thread to point out they missed a call. No other purpose.

Don’t forget name calling Duke! :D

DRJ1960 Sat Mar 30, 2019 08:43am

The better one was when the Va Tech player's face fouled Zion's elbow....

chapmaja Sat Mar 30, 2019 09:07am

I thought there were two missed OOB calls late in that game. The first was the step on the sideline, which was missed, but I think is a very easy miss given the totality of everything happening at that point of the play. The second was the ball hitting the sideline that gave Va Tech the last second shot attempted. To me that ball never hit the sideline. This one I would have to defer to the official who had a better angle of the ball and the sideline and should have had a look at that.

I was a bit surprised they didn't call a F1 on Zion for the elbow to the face. Staratore was talking about how it happened after the foul. I don't think it did. I think the elbow came up and then the push happened that was called. I have seen much less called a F1 for contact to the head.

Last second shot by Va Tech. Shooter wants a foul called on Zion. To me it looks like the shooter kicked his right leg to the side to draw the contact. What are other people's opinions.

chapmaja Sat Mar 30, 2019 09:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1031790)
K’s luckiest team ever.

I completely agree with that.

Rich Sat Mar 30, 2019 09:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapmaja (Post 1031796)
I thought there were two missed OOB calls late in that game. The first was the step on the sideline, which was missed, but I think is a very easy miss given the totality of everything happening at that point of the play. The second was the ball hitting the sideline that gave Va Tech the last second shot attempted. To me that ball never hit the sideline. This one I would have to defer to the official who had a better angle of the ball and the sideline and should have had a look at that.

I was a bit surprised they didn't call a F1 on Zion for the elbow to the face. Staratore was talking about how it happened after the foul. I don't think it did. I think the elbow came up and then the push happened that was called. I have seen much less called a F1 for contact to the head.

Last second shot by Va Tech. Shooter wants a foul called on Zion. To me it looks like the shooter kicked his right leg to the side to draw the contact. What are other people's opinions.

Steratore was saying there was a cylinder foul on the defender first.

sdoebler Mon Apr 01, 2019 09:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapmaja (Post 1031796)

I thought this at first also, but then watching replays I believe he was putting in hands up in the "How did I miss that fashion." Not sure either way but I don't believe there was a foul on this play.

chapmaja Mon Apr 01, 2019 09:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1031790)
K’s luckiest team ever.

Thankfully the luck ran out.

I may be a Michigan fan, but I live about halfway between the schools. It's nice to see a Michigan team in the Final Four.