The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA Men's Tournament Discussion (2019) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104465-ncaa-mens-tournament-discussion-2019-a.html)

Rich Tue Mar 19, 2019 05:48pm

NCAA Men's Tournament Discussion (2019)

Let's make this the master thread where we discuss the NCAA tournament.

I've pinned the thread where officials are listed. I think AremRed can still edit his post to put the officials in as we go along. I know I can edit his post, which always makes him happy. :D

Play-in game has started. Off we go.

Multiple Sports Tue Mar 19, 2019 06:35pm

Rich,

Just so we can be somewhat organized over the next three weeks, if we want to see some specific plays should we inquire on this thread or start a thread asking about that play ( where at that point out guy Rut will take over as he does a great job )....

Rich Tue Mar 19, 2019 07:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 1031305)
Rich,

Just so we can be somewhat organized over the next three weeks, if we want to see some specific plays should we inquire on this thread or start a thread asking about that play ( where at that point out guy Rut will take over as he does a great job )....

Yes, this thread is fine. I anticipated this is where most of that would go.

Everyone: I've deleted all the fluff. I will continue to delete fluff from this thread, so be warned.

Nevadaref Tue Mar 19, 2019 09:06pm

This topic will certainly be part of the NCAA instruction and guidance over the Summer and prior to next season—deliberate fouling near the end of a half.

Crews are having a difficult time with this strategy. We now have an example from a tournament game—Belmont v Temple—to go along with those in the conference tournaments.

In the final ten seconds of the first half Temple deliberately fouled twice as they only had four team fouls. The crew whistled the first one, but failed to get the second one (by #10 red) and Belmont got an uncontested layup.

jakeas2 Wed Mar 20, 2019 03:53pm

Lead take call in backcourt

With 3:11 left in the 2nd half of the Belmont/Temple game, there was a play in the backcourt where Temple was pressing. The Temple player grabbed at the ball to try and tie up the Belmont player. Both the T & C were in the backcourt and passed on a call. The Lead came in late and called the Temple player for a hold. I thought it was interesting for the Lead to come in late on a play in the backcourt where he probably shouldn't be looking. Thoughts? Video may help.

Nevadaref Thu Mar 21, 2019 01:18pm

10:08 left in second half of LSU v Yale.
Excellent decision to call an F1 for holding of the shorts as a player attempts to start a fast break.

AremRed Sat Mar 23, 2019 06:52pm

Did anyone watch the Nevada game from the other day? Apparently there was a situation where they incorrectly reset the shot clock from 22 to 5 seconds. I don’t have the time, did anyone see this?

Rich Sat Mar 23, 2019 09:18pm

NCAA Men's Tournament Discussion (2019)

Did they really just stop the game and go to a media timeout cause someone lost a shoe? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rich Sat Mar 23, 2019 09:23pm

Watching the officials run out of an area to report a foul makes me hope they bring walk-and-talk to NFHS mechanics this year. Much more natural with 2-hand reporting and none of the running away from players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AremRed Mon Mar 25, 2019 08:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1031498)
Did anyone watch the Nevada game from the other day? Apparently there was a situation where they incorrectly reset the shot clock from 22 to 5 seconds. I don’t have the time, did anyone see this?

Bump. I think I was mistaken, it happened during the Buffalo-Texas Tech game the other day.