The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Video req: 2 plays: Block/Charge and Push (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104327-video-req-2-plays-block-charge-push.html)

#olderthanilook Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:58am

Video req: 2 plays: Block/Charge and Push

LSU at Missouri (NCAAM)
Saturday, Jan 26

Block/Charge - did defender ever acquire LGP? If so, did he maintain it?
2nd half - 1:54

Push - rebounding action with 5.2 seconds left in the game.
Did Missouri player displace LSU rebounder before LSU player contacted Missouri player's back?

JRutledge Mon Jan 28, 2019 03:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 1029394)

Block/Charge - did defender ever acquire LGP? If so, did he maintain it?
2nd half - 1:54

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xi2M3QAgIQs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 1029394)
Push - rebounding action with 5.2 seconds left in the game.
Did Missouri player displace LSU rebounder before LSU player contacted Missouri player's back?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6QBor_j5eqk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

AremRed Mon Jan 28, 2019 04:56pm

Play 1: looks like a PC, but official was prob factoring time/score

Play 2: SUPER ballsy call, I too have a white foul on rebound. Too much contact, two players go to ground, gotta have a whistle IMO.

griblets Tue Jan 29, 2019 08:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1029435)
Play 1: looks like a PC, but official was prob factoring time/score

Does anyone else do this on an obvious PC foul in an 11 point game with 2+ minutes left? I hope not...this game came down to a last second shot.

Raymond Tue Jan 29, 2019 08:42am

Play 1: PC foul

Play 2: Foul on White. He jumps into opponent and also grabs his arm.

Time/score may have played a factor in Play 1, but then the defense gives up 11 straight points. I think it was a clear PC foul. Time/score should only play a factor in 50/50 plays.

ballgame99 Tue Jan 29, 2019 09:38am

1. PC

2. Blue 24 on the push. White holds but only after being fouled by blue.

Just an FYI, blue ended up winning this game in overtime.

Pantherdreams Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:05am

1. PC (I would also be good with nothing if you think he never established LGP but is still entitled to spot on floor and you are in that camp of guys who won't call fouls on offense unless the D establishes LGP. FYI please stop being that guy)

2. Good get. That's a foul on white but I don't work with too many guys who would make that call in that spot.

jeremy341a Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:08pm

I don't know if there is an easier PC call out there. I seen it live and had to back it up a couple times to see what I missed.

ilyazhito Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:20pm

Play 1 is an obvious player control foul, and White 3 does displace Purple 24 before he lands on White 3's back in play 2.

Altor Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherdreams (Post 1029463)
1. PC (I would also be good with nothing if you think he never established LGP ...)

OK, the OP asked the question about whether LGP was aquired and it seemed pretty obvious to me. Somebody tell me where I'm wrong. Isn't LGP established shortly after the ball crosses the division line?

Pantherdreams Tue Jan 29, 2019 01:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altor (Post 1029472)
OK, the OP asked the question about whether LGP was aquired and it seemed pretty obvious to me. Somebody tell me where I'm wrong. Isn't LGP established shortly after the ball crosses the division line?

Great question. For the record I think he's got LGP and its a Charge.

There are some guys out there that believe every time the offense changes their attack angle or line the defense needs to re-establish a new LGP. IE. if the offense gets to the angle/line first d isn't moving sideways to maintain anymore they are re-establishing. Basically putting the owner ship on the defense to anticipate and beat the offense to the new line or angle.

So in this case the first step to the middle on the take would in some people's eyes require the d to get back to square to the offense with both feet before contact.

I like you think he had position and maintained it. By the above standard he would not have gotten new LGP in time and just been a body in a spot on the floor.

bob jenkins Tue Jan 29, 2019 01:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantherdreams (Post 1029476)
great question. For the record i think he's got lgp and its a block.

??? ;)

Camron Rust Tue Jan 29, 2019 02:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballgame99 (Post 1029459)
1. PC

2. Blue 24 on the push. White holds but only after being fouled by blue.

Just an FYI, blue ended up winning this game in overtime.

Blue only appears to have pushed because he was undercut by white. Check out where each was when blue jumped and which way blue jumped...not towards white.

Pantherdreams Tue Jan 29, 2019 02:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1029482)
??? ;)

Good get. Changed it. Wasted my mistake for 2019 early. . .