The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Video Request: USF at Cincinnati - Coach Cronin Ejection (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104307-video-request-usf-cincinnati-coach-cronin-ejection.html)

dahoopref Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:07am

Video Request: USF at Cincinnati - Coach Cronin Ejection

At about 18:00 of the 2nd half, Coach Mick Cronin's argues about a no-call and subsequently gets ejected.

Would like to see the play, how the officials dealt with the upset coach, and administration of the penalty.

JRutledge Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:13pm

I thought the officials handled that very well. He was given a warning clearly after the first T and then continued and had to be held back. Buuubyeee!!!!

Listen to the video audio of him talking about this situation. Sorry, but he has no class.

Coach's comments on his ejection and the officials

Peace

JRutledge Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22pm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pSQ8Pj_Cupk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

SC Official Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:24pm

The obvious rebounding foul CLEARLY occurred with 2 seconds on the shot clock.

Cronin is just an idiot. Always has been a baby.

My only qualm is the shot clock should have been put at 20 rather than 30 since the try didn't hit the rim.

Raymond Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28pm

Another clown and jerkish coach.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Raymond Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1028940)
The obvious rebounding foul CLEARLY occurred with 2 seconds on the shot clock.

Cronin is just an idiot. Always has been a baby.

My only qualm is the shot clock should have been put at 20 rather than 30 since the try didn't hit the rim.

Need to look it up but I believe because it's a personal foul (as opposed to a double foul) and there is no team control, it is a full reset.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#olderthanilook Thu Jan 17, 2019 01:27pm

You know what impresses me the most after watching the Haith/Hurley and the Cronin ejections?

The conduct of their players. Seriously, their players all stepped in and tried to talk their respective coaches out of saying and/or doing anything further in a genuine effort to keep their coaches in the game.

So often I hear head coaches talk about their players as though they are their kids. And, the players talk as though their coaches are a father-like figure in their lives.

Well, these kids obviously learned the art of peacemaking and candor. And, apparently, not from Hurley and Cronin.

I can only imagine, esp in the case of Hurley and Cronin, what would have happened had their players emulated their coaches ridiculous antics.

+1 for the student/athletes!

Rich Thu Jan 17, 2019 02:38pm

Napoleon complex.

griblets Thu Jan 17, 2019 03:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 1028956)
You know what impresses me the most after watching the Haith/Hurley and the Cronin ejections?

The conduct of their players. Seriously, their players all stepped in and tried to talk their respective coaches out of saying and/or doing anything further in a genuine effort to keep their coaches in the game.

So often I hear head coaches talk about their players as though they are their kids. And, the players talk as though their coaches are a father-like figure in their lives.

Well, these kids obviously learned the art of peacemaking and candor. And, apparently, not from Hurley and Cronin.

I can only imagine, esp in the case of Hurley and Cronin, what would have happened had their players emulated their coaches ridiculous antics.

+1 for the student/athletes!

Post of the day!

I noticed it, also. "Professional" men, supposedly the leader of young men, acting like fools, while the young men demonstrate composure.

AremRed Thu Jan 17, 2019 04:16pm

Players generally know when the refs are right. The Cincy players knew the foul call was right and their coach was in the wrong for exploding about it.

Raymond Thu Jan 17, 2019 04:33pm

There is a rebounding foul by his player during an airball near the expiration of the shot clock. Videos I have seen confirm both the foul and the fact that the foul occurred before the expiration of the shot clock.

The post game press conference confirmed Cronin is a d!ckhead.

Starting to feel more sympathetic towards TV Teddy's interaction with him.

JRutledge Thu Jan 17, 2019 05:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1028966)
The post game press conference confirmed Cronin is a d!ckhead.

Starting to feel more sympathetic towards TV Teddy's interaction with him.

That came to my mind too. LOL!!!

Peace