The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
Last year someone posted a nice PDF file on pre-game for 2 and 3 man. Since the search engine is disabled, I can not locate the site from a past post.
Looks like our association is moving to all 3 man for Varsity games starting in 2004. Would somone either post thier pre game information or locate a wed site where the information is located
We had out first association meeting for the year last night. It was announced that we would not do long switches- Having not worked 3 man I can only do as I am told.

Stew in Virginia
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

LHSAA has a couple nice files for 2-man and 3-man officiating here.

http://www.lhsaa.org/officialsfiles/...alsmanuals.htm

I know, I know, I'm an Ohio guy....I've been looking for stuff like this myself on the web.

Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks

I know, I know, I'm an Ohio guy....I've been looking for stuff like this myself on the web.

Even if the JV game were to go to quadruple OT, I don't think I'd have time to do a 32 page pregame. I think Mick posted one last year. I've got it but can't post it to the web. If someone wants to give me their email address that can post it to the web, I'll email it to them.

Mregor
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jim Armstrong
to be politically correct it's 3-person, not 3-man, I figured rainmaker would have already pointed that out.
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mregor
Quote:

Even if the JV game were to go to quadruple OT, I don't think I'd have time to do a 32 page pregame. I think Mick posted one last year. I've got it but can't post it to the web. If someone wants to give me their email address that can post it to the web, I'll email it to them.

Mregor

Oh, heck no....these are just manuals that I came across that I thought were interesting. 32 Pages....you'd have to get to the school an hour and a half ahead of time!!!
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 01:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:

Mregor
32 Pages?!!?? Ha!
Good one, Mregor!!!!
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Armstrong
to be politically correct it's 3-person, not 3-man, I figured rainmaker would have already pointed that out.
You mean like "person to person" defense in a girls game?

RD
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

http://apollo.carroll.com/p/levinson/PreGameCard3.pdf

it is an older one but you can use it to produce on e of your own.
Old Thu Oct 16, 2003, 07:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stewcall
Last year someone posted a nice PDF file on pre-game for 2 and 3 man. Since the search engine is disabled, I can not locate the site from a past post.
Looks like our association is moving to all 3 man for Varsity games starting in 2004. Would somone either post thier pre game information or locate a wed site where the information is located
We had out first association meeting for the year last night. It was announced that we would not do long switches- Having not worked 3 man I can only do as I am told.

Stew in Virginia
At our meeting last week (northern VA), we were told that we would do the long switch. I believe you are in central VA. You would think the state would be consistent. I was led to believe that this was a state decision rather than an association decision.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 05:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
At our meeting last week (northern VA), we were told that we would do the long switch. I believe you are in central VA. You would think the state would be consistent. I was led to believe that this was a state decision rather than an association decision

Yes I'm in the central division in VA. I know last year many of us "young" officials struggled with some "veterans" who often ignored the switch. I suspect they rejected the long switch all together. In any event I will do as I am told- not my fight. We will learn more at our next meeting in Nov.
Stew in Central VA
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 06:11am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mregor

Oh, heck no....these are just manuals that I came across that I thought were interesting. 32 Pages....you'd have to get to the school an hour and a half ahead of time!!!
When are you supposed to get to the school? I like to get there early. You can watch the previous game and get in a basketball frame of mind. If there isn't a game before yours then I still get there early. Maybe not as early but I still like to be in the facility early enough to think basketball.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 10:10am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun

When are you supposed to get to the school? I like to get there early. You can watch the previous game and get in a basketball frame of mind. If there isn't a game before yours then I still get there early. Maybe not as early but I still like to be in the facility early enough to think basketball.
We are expected to be at the game an hour before game time at the HS level. If you are talking about college, and hour and a half is very customary. That is just the way it is. I really do not see his point about the pregame, because that is what gets you ready for the game. Especially when you do not work with the same people all the time.

Peace
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
I was led to believe that this was a state decision rather than an association decision.
[/B]
It's actually in the new NFHS official's manual.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 12:45pm
Huck Finn

I guess my point is that I, me personally, Tomegun, likes to get to the gym early. I like to think Basketball and I like to be in the atmosphere.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 01:40pm
In Memoriam

yes.

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I guess my point is that I, me personally, Tomegun, likes to get to the gym early. I like to think Basketball and I like to be in the atmosphere.
tomegun,
I concur.
For me, a rushed entrance makes me feel a little uneasy, ill-prepared, ...but it happens from time-to-time.
mick