The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Roll Your Own. NOT. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104079-roll-your-own-not.html)

Freddy Wed Oct 10, 2018 08:21pm

Roll Your Own. NOT.

2018,19 Interpretations
SITUATION 9: During warm-ups, the officials notice that some players have rolled the waistband on their shorts. What actions should be taken by the officials, if any, at this time? RULING: During the warm-up period, the referee should notify the coach of the infractions and ask that they be corrected immediately. If the corrections are not made and players attempt to enter the game with rolled waistbands, those players should not be allowed to enter the game prior to correcting the issue. If player(s) in the game have rolled waistband(s), they shall be directed to leave the game and may not re-enter until the next opportunity to substitute. No penalty is involved. The game should not be held-up to allow for the correction. (3-3-5, 3-5-5)

BillyMac Thu Oct 11, 2018 06:34am

Teenage Girls ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 1025196)
... some players have rolled the waistband on their shorts.

I first became aware of this issue several years ago on the Forum. At the time we didn't have this problem here in Connecticut. That is no longer the case, and it's almost always girls.

It's another fashion issue that some officials will not understand, some won't know about it, some will chose to ignore ("not part of the game"), some will not be observant enough to enforce, and some may enforce.

3-5-5: Equipment and apparel shall not be modified from the original
manufactured state and shall be worn in the manner the manufacturer intended it
to be worn.

3-5-5-A: Uniform pants/skirts shall adhere to the following: Only one visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference is permitted

SC Official Thu Oct 11, 2018 07:56am

Ultimately states will do what they want irrespective of this stupid rule and interpretation.

In South Carolina it's been a crapshoot the past few years and enforcement has been largely dependent on whom the R is. Some R's don't allow any rolling. Some allow rolling as long as no extra logos are seen. Some don't care.

The only thing I personally care about is the drawstring being tucked in since fingers, etc. can get caught in it.

I think the "worn as manufacturer intended" nonsense is, well, nonsense.

Raymond Thu Oct 11, 2018 08:59am

This has been addressed in our state's preseason clinic for at least 4-5 years now, maybe longer than that. I don't think I've seen anybody sent out of the game yet, but many officials do address in pregame Captains meetings and players are told to fix it during the games.

BillyMac Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08am

Fifteen Will Get You Twenty ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1025218)
This has been addressed in our state's preseason clinic for at least 4-5 years now, maybe longer than that.

This issue has never been addressed in my little corner of Connecticut, even though we're seeing more and more girls rolling their waistbands every season. I have an email out to my local interpreter, and the state interpreter, asking about enforcement of this recent annual interpretation. I hope that we can just ignore. I really don't relish the idea of checking out the rear waistband of teenage female players to see if the waistband is rolled so that a logo is showing.

JRutledge Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11am

Have had to tell players this for years about rolling up their shorts. It is practically an every game issue. This is in boys games BTW. I do not get why this has become a thing. But it has and we will have to deal with it accordingly. Glad it is something the NF addressed. Now we have more cover in the rule.

Peace

so cal lurker Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1025229)
Have had to tell players this for years about rolling up their shorts. It is practically an every game issue. This is in boys games BTW. I do not get why this has become a thing. But it has and we will have to deal with it accordingly. Glad it is something the NF addressed. Now we have more cover in the rule.

Peace

I think it's a thing because shorts have gotten so long that the length is bothering the players. So they roll up to get to a comfortable length. This really strikes me as a solution in search of a problem. Perhaps it will drive coaches to ask manufacturers to shorten the shorts . . . are we headed back to the 70s?

BillyMac Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43am

Who Wears Short Shorts (The Royal Teens, 1958) ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by so cal lurker (Post 1025230)
I think it's a thing because shorts have gotten so long that the length is bothering the players. So they roll up to get to a comfortable length ... are we headed back to the 70s?

It appears that so cal lurker is correct:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...five/98891284/

Until I read this article (above), I didn't realize that this (below) was another method a making long shorts shorter. I didn't understand the interpretation at first, now I "get" it.

SITUATION 6: A1 has tucked the bottom of his/her shorts into the tights being worn. RULING: Illegal. The referee shall not allow the player to enter the game or direct the player to leave the game until the shorts are removed from inside the tights. After making the correction, the player may re-enter the game at the appropriate time for a substitution. The uniform should be worn as the manufacturer intended it to be. (3-5-5)

Short Shorts (The Royal Teens, 1958): https://youtu.be/MOfFB5QF4iQ

SC Official Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by so cal lurker (Post 1025230)
I think it's a thing because shorts have gotten so long that the length is bothering the players. So they roll up to get to a comfortable length. This really strikes me as a solution in search of a problem. Perhaps it will drive coaches to ask manufacturers to shorten the shorts . . . are we headed back to the 70s?

Also because uniforms get passed down year after year and the shorts don't fit, so players roll the waistband to compensate. Of course that's not our problem, but it's only an issue because the NFHS has decided to make it so. Why did they have to stick their nose in this?

LRZ Thu Oct 11, 2018 01:37pm

Who is to say that a manufacturer did not intend its shorts to be rolled up, perhaps to show its logo?

ilyazhito Thu Oct 11, 2018 01:38pm

MD officials are lucky that the MPSSAA has instructed officials to ignore this issue, unless multiple logos appear due to the shorts being rolled up.

SC Official Thu Oct 11, 2018 01:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 1025240)
Who is to say that a manufacturer did not intend its shorts to be rolled up, perhaps to show its logo?

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025211)
I think the "worn as manufacturer intended" nonsense is, well, nonsense.

Raymond Thu Oct 11, 2018 02:08pm

In college games, I tell the players if they roll their shorts the label cannot show in accordance with:

Rule 1 Section 25. Logos, Labels, Trademarks, Patches

Art. 1.
A single manufacturer’s or distributor’s normal logo, label or trademark meeting the size restrictions of Rule 1-25.2 is permitted once on the game jersey, once on the game shorts...

bob jenkins Thu Oct 11, 2018 02:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1025244)
In college games, I tell the players if they roll their shorts the label cannot show in accordance with:

Rule 1 Section 25. Logos, Labels, Trademarks, Patches

Art. 1.
A single manufacturer’s or distributor’s normal logo, label or trademark meeting the size restrictions of Rule 1-25.2 is permitted once on the game jersey, once on the game shorts...

Yep -- in college, roll 'em under or roll 'em twice.

In HS, here, no rolling -- and I do try to enforce it.

BillyMac Thu Oct 11, 2018 04:16pm

Grassy Knoll ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 1025240)

Wasn't the shooter on the grassy knoll wearing long shorts with the waistband rolled down?

(Young'uns. Look it up on the Google.)

BillyMac Thu Oct 11, 2018 05:14pm

Tune In Next Week, Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025227)
I have an email out to my local interpreter, and the state interpreter, asking about enforcement of this recent annual interpretation.

Got a response. Actually no response. It's on its way up the IAABO ladder, possibly all the way up to the IAABO Grand Imperial Poobah.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8...=0&w=233&h=178

Camron Rust Thu Oct 11, 2018 08:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025236)
Also because uniforms get passed down year after year and the shorts don't fit, so players roll the waistband to compensate. Of course that's not our problem, but it's only an issue because the NFHS has decided to make it so. Why did they have to stick their nose in this?

What is wrong with the drawstring? That makes one size fit a wide range.

The rolling of the waistbands is fully unnecessary.

Nevadaref Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...ust-a-unicorn/

Scan the above article until you reach the part discussing the length of his shorts and the issue it caused during a tournament in Vegas.

Freddy Fri Oct 12, 2018 02:57am

Self-Absorbed Much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1025256)
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...ust-a-unicorn/
Scan the above article until you reach the part discussing the length of his shorts and the issue it caused during a tournament in Vegas.

LOVELY QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE:
"If you question how seriously Green takes his shorts, keep this in mind: After learning about the Nevada rule preventing players from rolling their shorts, the family canceled its plans to move to Las Vegas and have Jalen transfer to basketball power Findlay Prep.
"No, seriously.
"As soon as they said that, as soon as that happened, we already were saying that in the crowd, 'Well, guess we ain't going to Vegas. We ain't moving to Nevada,'" Marcus told CBS Sports. "And as soon as he came off the court, and the game was over, he was like, 'Yeah we're not moving to Nevada. If I can't roll my shorts I can't do it.' And so there it is. That killed it."
"Don't mess with this young man and his short shorts."

Parents aiding and abetting crass, self-absorbed me-ism.
Would be funny if Findlay Prep and the schools they play adopted the NFHS Interpretation. The parents would have to buy a new house somewhere else.

Ugh.

SC Official Fri Oct 12, 2018 06:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1025255)
What is wrong with the drawstring? That makes one size fit a wide range.

The rolling of the waistbands is fully unnecessary.

Does the drawstring shorten the length of the shorts?

It may or may not be unnecessary, but that doesn't mean it's something we should have to be involved in. Kids wear all sorts of unnecessary accessories that are legal under the rules.

This is not a safety issue and the interpretation is a solution in search of a problem. More fashion police rules is not something the game needs when I bet there will still be a significant percentage of officials who won't enforce it.

The way Raymond and Bob handle it in college games is the way it should be treated in high school.

bob jenkins Fri Oct 12, 2018 07:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025260)
The way Raymond and Bob handle it in college games is the way it should be treated in high school.

I think you mean "HS should adopt the NCAA rule / interp on this."

It should be handled under all rules sets the way that rules set (including state adoptions, etc.) says to handle it.

SC Official Fri Oct 12, 2018 07:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1025263)
I think you mean "HS should adopt the NCAA rule / interp on this."

It should be handled under all rules sets the way that rules set (including state adoptions, etc.) says to handle it.

What is the NCAA interp on this? I believe the applicable rules are the same (i.e. must wear as manufacturer intended, nothing else about rolling).

bob jenkins Fri Oct 12, 2018 07:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025264)
What is the NCAA interp on this? I believe the applicable rules are the same (i.e. must wear as manufacturer intended, nothing else about rolling).

NCAAW, at least, has a specific interp that rolling is allowed unless it results in multiple logos.

Raymond Fri Oct 12, 2018 08:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025264)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1025265)
NCAAW, at least, has a specific interp that rolling is allowed unless it results in multiple logos.

NCAA-Men's has nothing about rolling in the rule or case book. One year it was brought up during preseason clinics and that's where I got the interp I enforce, which is not to allow a logo to show when the shorts are rolled.

SC Official Fri Oct 12, 2018 08:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1025266)
NCAA-Men's has nothing about rolling in the rule or case book. One year it was brought up during preseason clinics and that's where I got the interp I enforce, which is not to allow a logo to show when the shorts are rolled.

Which is the way I've enforced it in HS games the past few years. Not anymore, though I still think we'll have plenty of officials who ignore it.

BillyMac Fri Oct 12, 2018 09:04am

Sign Of The Apocalypse ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 1025259)
After learning about the Nevada rule preventing players from rolling their shorts, the family canceled its plans to move to Las Vegas and have Jalen transfer to basketball power Findlay Prep ... If I can't roll my shorts I can't do it.' And so there it is. That killed it." "Don't mess with this young man and his short shorts."

Sounds like a Sports Illustrated Sign of the Apocalypse.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.U...=0&w=271&h=164

Camron Rust Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025260)
Does the drawstring shorten the length of the shorts?

It may or may not be unnecessary, but that doesn't mean it's something we should have to be involved in. Kids wear all sorts of unnecessary accessories that are legal under the rules.

This is not a safety issue and the interpretation is a solution in search of a problem. More fashion police rules is not something the game needs when I bet there will still be a significant percentage of officials who won't enforce it.

Most of the teams I've seen that do this have new/newer shorts, not old hand-me-downs. They shouldn't buy them long if the kids don't like them. That isn't our problem. The NFHS wants the uniform worn as designed for various reasons. I don't like dealing with it, but I don't get to make the rule.

so cal lurker Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1025283)
Most of the teams I've seen that do this have new/newer shorts, not old hand-me-downs. They shouldn't buy them long if the kids don't like them. That isn't our problem. The NFHS wants the uniform worn as designed for various reasons. I don't like dealing with it, but I don't get to make the rule.

My son's school is sponsored by a sports company, and they are given a new set of uniforms each year--sized, of course, to the varsity. That set, with the extra long current style shorts, get handed down to JV the next year, and then to the frosh. If the frosh can't roll them, I think a couple of those guards will have shorts dragging on the floor. . . .

SC Official Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1025283)

I know what the NFHS wants and will enforce it as such unless our powers-that-be give us clear direction to the contrary. But it's still stupid.

Amesman Fri Oct 12, 2018 01:57pm

Like Rut, I'm glad to have some official interp on this -- and particularly like the sweep of telling the coach to take care of it. Have spent increasing amounts of time in pre-game warm-ups telling players, including a LOT of boys, that they aren't supposed to roll. (It's a "cool" thing apparently.)

The kicker always is that you'll get eye contact with 2-3 of them and they'll start to comply and yet others nearby -- who clearly heard the discussion -- wait to be told they also have the same rule to follow.

And now that I'm typing this, let's not get started on the number of them who comply in the moment and then some time later, sometimes just a moment or two, try to get in the game with ... shorts rolled again. Sigh.

Camron Rust Fri Oct 12, 2018 04:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by so cal lurker (Post 1025284)
My son's school is sponsored by a sports company, and they are given a new set of uniforms each year--sized, of course, to the varsity. That set, with the extra long current style shorts, get handed down to JV the next year, and then to the frosh. If the frosh can't roll them, I think a couple of those guards will have shorts dragging on the floor. . . .

And as such, we don't enforce this item with freshman teams. This is applied to varsity teams that have proper uniforms and have no valid reason to roll them other than to just wanting to.

BillyMac Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:24am

Looks Like I'll Be Checking Out The Waistbands Of Teenage Female Players ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025227)
... we're seeing more and more girls rolling their waistbands every season. I have an email out to my local interpreter, and the state interpreter, asking about enforcement of this recent annual interpretation. I hope that we can just ignore. I really don't relish the idea of checking out the rear waistband of teenage female players to see if the waistband is rolled so that a logo is showing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025252)
Got a response. Actually no response. It's on its way up the IAABO ladder, possibly all the way up to the IAABO Grand Imperial Poobah.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8...=0&w=233&h=178

We had our first meeting of the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes last night. Connecticut will be enforcing the NFHS edict against players rolling their waistbands. Just what we need, another Fashion Police issue that coaches, players, and many officials will ignore.

Raymond Thu Oct 18, 2018 01:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025372)
We had our first meeting of the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes last night. Connecticut will be enforcing the NFHS edict against players rolling their waistbands. Just what we need, another Fashion Police issue that coaches, players, and many officials will ignore.

Send them out the game and they'll start complying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BillyMac Thu Oct 18, 2018 04:26pm

True Colors (Cyndi Lauper, 1986) …

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1025374)
Send them out the game and they'll start complying.

Absolutely, that will work great with me there on a Friday night, but when another official shows up on the next Tuesday night and ignores the issue, the vicious cycle will start all over again. Same as jerseys tucked in, undershirts, headbands, wrist bands, sleeves, compression shorts, tights, jewelry, etc.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.h...=0&w=300&h=300

Raymond Thu Oct 18, 2018 04:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025375)
Absolutely, that will work great with me there on a Friday night, but when another official shows up on the next Tuesday night and ignores the issue, the vicious cycle will start all over again. Same as jerseys tucked in, undershirts, headbands, wrist bands, sleeves, compression shorts, tights, jewelry, etc.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.h...=0&w=300&h=300

You can only control what goes on in your games.

BillyMac Thu Oct 18, 2018 06:03pm

Overly Officious Official ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1025376)

I'm just getting sick of being the "bad guy", the "overly officious official". It's not a great way to build good rapport with a coach when, even before the game begins, I'm telling him he has some equipment or uniform issues to deal with.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.P...=0&w=300&h=300

SC Official Fri Oct 19, 2018 07:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1025376)

True, but that doesn't mean there isn't a fair gripe when other officials are actively ignoring the rule. Not much different than when a crew refuses to deal with unsporting behavior and then the next crew has to clean up their mess. Officials that don't handle business make it harder on everyone.

Thankfully, we have been told here that players may roll their waistbands so long as no additional manufacturer's logos are shown, thereby ignoring the interpretation.

Raymond Fri Oct 19, 2018 08:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1025380)
True, but that doesn't mean there isn't a fair gripe when other officials are actively ignoring the rule. Not much different than when a crew refuses to deal with unsporting behavior and then the next crew has to clean up their mess. Officials that don't handle business make it harder on everyone.

That gripe is aimed at the assignor, not me.

"Coach, I can't speak for other officials, tonight we are enforcing the rule."

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Oct 19, 2018 08:56pm

I apologize in advance for arriving late to the party.

1) Those veterans of this Forum know that I am a (reluctant) member of the Fashion Police Squad. Meaning, I enforce the Rules as required.

2) I would like to bring everyone's attention a thread from January 2017. My main contribution to the thread is Comment #8; unfortunately Billy YouTube video is no longer available.

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...rm-police.html

MTD, Sr.

ODog Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025377)
I'm just getting sick of being the … "overly officious official" ...

I have a feeling you could completely ignore the fashion rules the rest of your career and still not come anywhere close to shaking that rep.

BillyMac Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21pm

Don't Want To Be The Straw That Stirs The Drink ...

With apologies to Reggie Jackson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 1025400)
I have a feeling you could completely ignore the fashion rules the rest of your career and still not come anywhere close to shaking that rep.

I can actually be very flexible, as either the referee, or the umpire, to make sure that my partner and I are both the same page. We pregame as a team, we work the game as a team, we postgame as a team, and we leave as a team. A "lone wolf" I'm not, it would be counterproductive on so many different levels. My flexibility is based on the level of the game, the style of play, and the style, and experience, of my partner.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Oct 25, 2018 09:32am

OhioHSAA Ruling for Situation 9.

I just watched the mandatory OhioHSAA Online State Rules Meeting (which has been online since 09:00amEDT, Wed., Oct. 17th). And the official position of the OhioHSAA is that rolled waistbands are legal as long as a "manufacturer's logo" is not visible. Which means that Situation 9 is null and void in the OhioHSAA.

I have not yet watched the MichiganHSAA Online State Rules Meeting (unlike the OhioHSAA Meeting) it is not mandatory unless one wishes to be considered for the post-season tournament, and non-Michigan residents are not eligible. So I will probably watch it later today. The MichiganHSAA Meeting is usually considerably longer that the OhioHSAA Meeting (00:17:46 this year).

MTD, Sr.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Oct 25, 2018 09:35am

One small aside to Freddy.

Freddy:

Due to the fact that I attended college in the 1970s, the title that you gave to this thread brought back fond memories of my college days, ;).

MTD, Sr.

UNIgiantslayers Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15am

Iowa has made it clear they expect us to enforce this interp. They put it into the preseason coaches' meeting that all coaches and officials are required to view. They also included it at all preseason clinics. Should be a fun first few weeks of the season.

Freddy Thu Oct 25, 2018 04:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1025498)
I just watched the mandatory OhioHSAA Online State Rules Meeting (which has been online since 09:00amEDT, Wed., Oct. 17th). And the official position of the OhioHSAA is that rolled waistbands are legal as long as a "manufacturer's logo" is not visible. Which means that Situation 9 is null and void in the OhioHSAA.

I have not yet watched the MichiganHSAA Online State Rules Meeting (unlike the OhioHSAA Meeting) it is not mandatory unless one wishes to be considered for the post-season tournament, and non-Michigan residents are not eligible. So I will probably watch it later today. The MichiganHSAA Meeting is usually considerably longer that the OhioHSAA Meeting (00:17:46 this year).

MTD, Sr.

MTD, this will not be found on the mhsaa online rules meeting which is a voiceover boilerplate of the nfhs produced PowerPoint. This came by way of the interpretations which came out later than that, but when I asked the new associate director about it he said we are going to enforce it in our state this year. Therefore I put it in all the power points that I produce.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Oct 25, 2018 09:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 1025501)
MTD, this will not be found on the mhsaa online rules meeting which is a voiceover boilerplate of the nfhs produced PowerPoint. This came by way of the interpretations which came out later than that, but when I asked the new associate director about it he said we are going to enforce it in our state this year. Therefore I put it in all the power points that I produce.

Freddy:

I watched the MichiganHSAA Online State Rules Meeting this afternoon. It was at least 40 minutes too long, but I received my certificate to print, LOL! And I download a copy of all of your PPt presentations.

MTD, Sr.

Kansas Ref Fri Oct 26, 2018 03:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025377)
I'm just getting sick of being the "bad guy", the "overly officious official". It's not a great way to build good rapport with a coach when, even before the game begins, I'm telling him he has some equipment or uniform issues to deal with.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.P...=0&w=300&h=300

*I like your use of alliteration; however, as long as there is going to be differential preference for rules enforcement [within states, let alone between states], then I fear we will always have this dilemma. I for one can honestly say that I am not in favor of the "rolled" appearance of shorts--looks trashy and unkept. But I guess we should blame the Michigan Fab Five for this trend. Alas...the pendulum now swings back the other way now. Even LeBron is wearing shorts that are 'shorter'. I wish you all a fine season of rules enforcement and enjoyment of the contests.
Excuse me while I go shave off my 7 months of beard growth prior to the season starting

BillyMac Fri Oct 26, 2018 03:44pm

And Get A Flu Shot ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas Ref (Post 1025507)
Excuse me while I go shave off my 7 months of beard growth prior to the season starting

Remember to stock up on some much needed items:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.b...=0&w=300&h=300

Kansas Ref Mon Oct 29, 2018 04:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1025508)
Remember to stock up on some much needed items:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.b...=0&w=300&h=300

*Ohh OK, thanks for the list--I'll need to order at least 2 of the 'Collared Ref Shirts";); and just maybe I can get a better look with the blu blocker shades on.

*Just got the word from the State Interpreter: according to him we are to ALLOW rolled shorts even if the manufacturer's logo is visible--as long as the players have the tie-string is tucked in. So, I guess I'm reversing my stance...but hey at least I don't have to bother with telling coaches about the rolled shorts. Now I can focus on improving on getting the coaches out of their 30 seconds time out [stop abusing the 30 sec time out is what our crew got dinged on in an eval last season].