The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 01, 2018, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Got my Neat Tucks on Saturday. Hopefully I get some games this year to wear them in!
Old Mon Oct 01, 2018, 11:01am
Esteemed Forum Member

Department Of Redundancy Department ...

I thought about this thread as I was walking out of mass Saturday evening.

The older gentleman in front of me was wearing both a belt and suspenders.

I know little about suspenders since the last time I wore them was when I was in first grade, but what's the story?

Is he really that afraid that his pants will fall down?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Oct 01, 2018 at 12:00pm.
Old Fri Oct 12, 2018, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I have never seen the benefits of a flex belt. This thing moves and often does not hold your shirt in place. I think I used the Flex belt once and basically threw it away. Tucking my pants in my UnderArmor was better than the flex belt.

I have used the Neat Tuck Active for a year and never had my shirt move. It took some getting used to at first because you did not know where to put the clips or how far to move the straps down, but I would not go back. One of the best accessory items for officiating I have ever purchased.

Peace
My shirt used to come untucked even if I tucked my referee shirt into my compression shorts. The flexbelt prevents this.
Old Fri Oct 12, 2018, 08:36am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
My shirt used to come untucked even if I tucked my referee shirt into my compression shorts. The flexbelt prevents this.
I never have the issue with the Neat Tuck. I have even had the clip come undone and still shirt stays in the shirt.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 24, 2018, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post

Anyway... maybe tuck them in your underwear/tights/compression shorts. Forget visible belts of any kind. Do not wear suspenders as they pose a saftey hazard. Some player might grab you although you could wear the break-away- ones, lol.
Basically, this is what I do, as well and it saves me from having to use all those straps and clips and belts and....

First, "tuck" your compression shirt into your ultra sporty skin tight boxer briefs. Your compression shirt isn't going any where. Then put on your compression shorts and tuck your officiating shirt into the compression shorts. The elastic on the compression shorts waist band is so tight that your shirt stays in place darn near perfectly. Been doing it this way for years. It may not work so well for the portly sized official, but it works really well for me. The double layer of undergarment is great for absorbing butt sweat, so there's the other benefit.
Old Sat Oct 27, 2018, 06:41pm
Official Forum Member

It's been an interesting discussion about what keeps shirts tucked in. The flex belt might work for that, but I have had a hard time getting the flex belt to stay in one position. It would often unravel in the locker room, so I eventually decided not to use it. My pants also did not fall down without the flex belt (I wear size 32 pants).

However, I have noticed my beltless pants start to slide around during games (maybe I have lost weight since I started officiating basketball). I was thinking if the Neat Tucks would help me to keep my pants in position while working, or if there was another product out there that was better than the flex belt. I know that I could go the old-school route with suspenders, but how would I wear my shirt over the suspenders?