The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 24, 2018, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Smitty dye-sub shirts/body flex

Anyone on here wearing the Smitty dye-sublimated shirts with or without the body flex fabric?

I'm trying to determine if they run true to size... might pull the trigger on a $60 shirt (with the flex fabric) and don't want to order too big or too small. (it would be a custom order, no returns)

Thanks.
Old Fri Aug 31, 2018, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

If you are remotely between sizes order the smaller one. Saw a bunch last season and 90% of guys went one size smaller. Looking forward to getting a few myself.
Old Mon Sep 03, 2018, 02:16am
Official Forum Member

Do they only make it with side panel?
Old Mon Sep 03, 2018, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

No, they do not (at least not the generic one with just the US flag on the left sleeve).
Old Tue Sep 04, 2018, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
No, they do not (at least not the generic one with just the US flag on the left sleeve).
I have a Smitty dye sub basketball shirt with only the USA flag on the left sleeve, and several basketball shirts with wide stripes, so I can attest that Smitty makes shirts with side panels, with wide stripes, and without side panels in black and white stripes. They also have dye sublimated grey striped shirts for states using that option, and have both grey and black/white IAABO sublimated shirts for folks in IAABO states/boards.
Old Tue Sep 04, 2018, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have a Smitty dye sub basketball shirt with only the USA flag on the left sleeve, and several basketball shirts with wide stripes, so I can attest that Smitty makes shirts with side panels, with wide stripes, and without side panels in black and white stripes. They also have dye sublimated grey striped shirts for states using that option, and have both grey and black/white IAABO sublimated shirts for folks in IAABO states/boards.
The OP is referring to the new body-flex material.
Old Tue Sep 04, 2018, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindolbat View Post
Do they only make it with side panel?
Body flex shirts come with a side panel. If you want a shirt without a side panel, you have to get a regular dye sublimated shirt. Unfortunately, Smitty and the others have not found out a way to market body flex shirts to high school officials yet.
Old Fri Sep 07, 2018, 02:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Body flex shirts come with a side panel. If you want a shirt without a side panel, you have to get a regular dye sublimated shirt. Unfortunately, Smitty and the others have not found out a way to market body flex shirts to high school officials yet.
Wrong again......in Pennsylvania they do the body flex for both basketball and football.
Old Fri Sep 07, 2018, 02:35am
Official Forum Member

Actually, some dealers do offer an upgrade to body flex (Purchase Officials https://purchaseofficials.com/collec...limated-v-neck offers an upgrade to body flex material for both side panel and non-side panel basketball shirts for an additional $20), so you are in luck. I'll check officiallysports.com again, but I haven't found body flex PIAA shirts yet.