The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 07:11pm
This IS My Social Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at L, T, or C
Posts: 2,248
New 8.1.4B in New '18,19 Casebook

8.1.4B: A1 is fouled and is at the free-throw line. Team B refuses to occupy the first marked lane spaces. RULING: A technical foul shall be charged to Team B for unsporting conduct. The lane shall be cleared and A1 shall be given the warranted free throws. Team A's coach will then designate who will shoot the free throws for the technical foul. The technical foul free throws will be shot. The ball will then be administered at the division line to Team A. (10-4-5)
__________________
Making Every Effort to Be in the Right Place at the Right Time, Looking at the Right Thing to Make the Right Call
www.myvirtualofficialsassociation.com
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,393
1. We don't need a caseplay for this.
2. The reason for the technical foul should be delay of game by Team B according to the rules book.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: In the offseason.
Posts: 11,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
1. We don't need a caseplay for this.
2. The reason for the technical foul should be delay of game by Team B according to the rules book.
At least it doesn't contradict the rule (at least in effect).
__________________
Owner/Developer of RefTown.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 08:02pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,998
Wasn't there already a case play or intper on this?

I agree, it's nothing new -- but at least it might help clear it up for some (it's a relatively frequent confusing discussion for some -- because it gets confused with the ROP procedure -- when this isn't a T--at least not yet)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Wasn't there already a case play or intper on this?

I agree, it's nothing new -- but at least it might help clear it up for some (it's a relatively frequent confusing discussion for some -- because it gets confused with the ROP procedure -- when this isn't a T--at least not yet)
The caseplay which has been around for years says that if Team B is not occupying the two bottom lane spaces prior to a FT, then the official shall direct them to do so and if they don't immediately comply, they are assessed a team technical foul. Why we now have this new ruling is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: In the offseason.
Posts: 11,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The caseplay which has been around for years says that if Team B is not occupying the two bottom lane spaces prior to a FT, then the official shall direct them to do so and if they don't immediately comply, they are assessed a team technical foul. Why we now have this new ruling is a mystery.
This new ruling does also go into the administration of everything...clearing the lane, shooting the original FT(s), and then allowing the coach to designate who will shoot the FTs for the T, etc.

Perhaps that was the part they wanted to reinforce. I've seen/heard similar situations messed up more than a few times.
__________________
Owner/Developer of RefTown.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Thu Aug 23, 2018, 06:10am
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,466
We Have A Winner ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I've seen/heard similar situations messed up more than a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
... it might help clear it up for some (it's a relatively frequent confusing discussion for some, because it gets confused with the ROP procedure, when this isn't a T)
Bingo.
__________________
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 1.13.2C in New '18,19 Casebook Freddy Basketball 10 Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04pm
ASA Casebook 7.6-7 jmkupka Softball 1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18am
6-4-3 casebook fullor30 Basketball 1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:09pm
Casebook ? Chess Ref Softball 4 Thu Jun 28, 2007 06:09pm
NF Casebook 6.5.4 sit dumbref Football 9 Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:27am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1