The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Hudl?

Does HUDL have the capability for anyone to access game films? Can I (or my association) sign up for an account so we can watch some film on ourselves? I was talking to one of the ADs last night about how the teams all post and share their game tapes electronically now. Seems like it should be easy to view games if they are out there like that.
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

My assignor has a HUDL account. Most of, if not all, the schools he assigns for have agreed to send him game film that he then, in turn, reviews and/or shares with us officials. I probably get 6-8 complete game films per season to my HUDL account. Some with comments about specific situations, mechanics, etc.

Last edited by #olderthanilook; Wed Feb 24, 2016 at 04:55pm.
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

Without an assigner we get film from the teams.

With Hudl, ask the coach to "exchange film with a non hudl team". He can then send you a e-mail link where you can download the film. Work well for us.
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 07:36pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
Does HUDL have the capability for anyone to access game films? Can I (or my association) sign up for an account so we can watch some film on ourselves? I was talking to one of the ADs last night about how the teams all post and share their game tapes electronically now. Seems like it should be easy to view games if they are out there like that.
Funny you would post this. Yesterday I got an email from HUDL and all the games for a particular conference I'm a member of were made available to me for some reason.
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo96 View Post
Without an assigner we get film from the teams.

With Hudl, ask the coach to "exchange film with a non hudl team". He can then send you a e-mail link where you can download the film. Work well for us.
So you don't have a HUDL ID or anything? They just email you a link and you can watch it?
Old Wed Feb 24, 2016, 11:23pm
Courageous When Prudent

My email address is registered and I have to put a password in when I go to the link.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Our association looked at creating their own account and then asking all of the teams that we assign for upload their game films for distribution. There were two main problems:

1. Going through each day and checking to ensure the previous game film had been loaded.

2. Unless someone individually sends the crew the link for each game, everyone would get access to all of the game films uploaded. This caused a lot of panic because of the proverbial, "i don't want Bob to have access to my game films because Bob is the assignors best friend." Not saying I agree with this, just became an issue.

If anyone has a better way to do this for a large amount of games and officials, I would like to know. I find it valuable to watch game film, especially early in the season. I find it harder later on in the year to stay as tuned in.
Old Tue Aug 28, 2018, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Bump on this thread. Has anyone found a good way to use HUDL to watch game film since this post in 2016?
Old Tue Aug 28, 2018, 12:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

I think I had two games sent to me last year through HUDL for basketball. This is the popular program for football and is used often.

Still not sold on it considering how much background stuff has to happen to even get the games. But I do have the games from last year. I would like to get the games off of the site and download them, but that seems to be based off of having certain access they do not give to everyone.

Peace
Old Tue Aug 28, 2018, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Do you have a HUDL account or do the schools send you links to the games as a non HUDL user?
Old Tue Aug 28, 2018, 12:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

I have an account which is linked to several sites between high school and college stuff. Both HS and college in the area use HUDL almost exclusively in football. So I use one email and one password for all those sites or accounts. I usually get added by the email I use.

It works better for football. Basketball used the time increments of time which is much longer.

Peace
Old Tue Aug 28, 2018, 03:18pm
This IS My Social Life

Send Me a Download Link

For those of us not on or privy to a HUDL account, a card with this phraseology seems to work quite well when asking a coach or AD to grant access to his/her HUDL game video. Note that the process of "emailing a download link" isn't a common task for many coaches. The step-by-step instructions really made the difference when I started putting that in writing when making the request to them prior to any game. Here's the text to put on a card:

HOW, AS A HUDL USER, TO EMAIL A DOWNLOAD LINK:
1. On the main HUDL page, click on the "VIDEO" tab up above
2. In the small frame of the game desired to share, click on "Details"
3. On the small game frame that pops up on the upper right, click on the tab with the three dots
4. Click on "Email Download Link" which will send a download link to the HUDL user's email box
5. In the HUDL user's email box, select the email from HUDL entitled "Your Download is Ready"
6. HUDL user forwards that email to whatever non-HUDL user s/he desires to share it

Unless they revised things, this should work for this year also.
Old Wed Aug 29, 2018, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Email

"Coach can you send me a tape of the game for my review?"

They send a link and it is downloadable.

If they have Krossover, same deal.
Old Wed Aug 29, 2018, 01:52pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
Email

That's very nice if they know how to do that. Maybe by now more do. I've found that most don't. Whatever works for you...
Old Wed Aug 29, 2018, 02:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
Email

There are coaches that either do not know how to do that or they are unaware they can do that.

At least if you have a HUDL account that is easier to send a "one way exchange" to a person. I am not sure they can just send you a link outside of the site, but I am sure there is a way. I have always been sent HUDL videos having an account. But then again we were required to have them in certain situations and not in basketball.

Peace