The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Women's College Softball Umpiring! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103794-womens-college-softball-umpiring.html)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Apr 28, 2018 01:52pm

Women's College Softball Umpiring!

I know that this thread probably should be here, BUT:

Marshall University plays a softball DH at the University of Pittsburgh. The DH starts at 04:00pmEDT and can be watched on ESPN's online streaming service. Check out who is umpiring 3B in the first game and 1B in the second game. He is one good looking young umpire!

MTD, Sr.

BillyMac Sat Apr 28, 2018 04:16pm

Or The Mailman ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1021151)
He is one good looking young umpire!

Must take after his Mom, or the milkman.

ilyazhito Sat Apr 28, 2018 06:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1021151)
I know that this thread probably should be here, BUT:

Marshall University plays a softball DH at the University of Pittsburgh. The DH starts at 04:00pmEDT and can be watched on ESPN's online streaming service. Check out who is umpiring 3B in the first game and 1B in the second game. He is one good looking young umpire!

MTD, Sr.

Is this man your son, by any chance?

Multiple Sports Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:48pm

Bases Only???

Not good enough to get behind the dish ????

Congrats !!!

mattmets Sun Apr 29, 2018 07:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 1021157)
Not good enough to get behind the dish ????

Congrats !!!

That's not what the box score says!

Softball vs Marshall on 4/28/2018 - University of Pittsburgh

JRutledge Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20am

Well good for him. You should be very proud and hope this is the start of something. I know two guys working a lot of D1 softball. I wonder if he either knows them or will know them.

Peace

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun May 06, 2018 09:47am

Thanks to all for all of the kind words. As some know this is Mark's 11th year officiating basketball and umpiring baseball and softball at the H.S. level (including travel baseball and softball in the Summer). This Spring was his 4th year umpiring college softball at the NAIA and NCAA Div. II/III levels but his first year a the NCAA Div. I level. He had two non-league assignments in the ACC. A single game at Notre Dame (vs. BGSU) and a DH at Pittsburgh (vs. Marshall). My fellow "bald old geezer" know my background also know that it was a thrill for me when he first got picked up to umpire college softball and even a bigger thrill to see him umpire at the Div. I level.

Regarding the box score for the 2nd game of the DH at Pittsburgh. That was a misprint. He was at 1B after being at 3B for the 1st game. I know that he would have loved to have been behind the Plate but one has to pay his dues as he moves up the ladder.

MTD, Sr.