The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 02:02am
Official Forum Member

My association has decided not to use the Federation test this year. Instead they are going to give us some 200 question test that the California people write and it will be a take home exam.

I really do not like this. First, I think all exams should be closed book in order to see what you know and what you don't. Secondly, if and when I move somewhere else I will not have been taking NFHS tests for a while and I could go to a place that uses them. I would like to keep up with the tests for myself as I believe that I learn a great deal about the rules from them. For example, there are some NFHS interps that I only know from looking at the answers to past tests.
So understanding that some associations out there use part I as an evaluation tool and therefore, it would not be good to post the questions on the net at this time, would someone kindly scan the test and email it to me?
Thanks
[email protected]
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Just wait. It'll be posted somewhere online.
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

NR - I think you gave me this web site for NFHS tests. Try them later in the season.

http://www.cboa.org/nfhsexams.htm
Old Fri Oct 10, 2003, 05:58am
Official Forum Member

I did Rick, but they don't seem to always post all the tests.
PS What do you think about us not using the NFHS test?
Old Fri Oct 10, 2003, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

I think we should still take the Fed test. I prefer the method that the Football Chapter has adopted. You take a 50 question Cal. Test and 50 question Fed test all closed book. The Cal. Test is covered in study groups, so basically you have the answers for that in advance.

The Fed test for basketball is the hardest of the Fed tests that I have taken. I think we are going to this method because of the low scores the last few years and how bad the Fed test is designed. The Fed Test focuses more on tricking the test taker than on testing your rule knowledge.
Old Sat Oct 11, 2003, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Vietti
NR - I think you gave me this web site for NFHS tests. Try them later in the season.

http://www.cboa.org/nfhsexams.htm
This is my association and we have had a small turnover of personnel (secretary & web guru) so we have been lax in posting. We no longer take the test in August (for fall ball) because all girls teams now play in the winter.
Old Sat Oct 11, 2003, 09:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Rick,

So your state does not give a test at all?

Peace
Old Sat Oct 11, 2003, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen a copy of this years fed test?
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 12:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Part 1 I assume.

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen a copy of this years fed test?
Yes. I have had a copy of the test for about 3 weeks. I already took the test online and got a 99.

Peace
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy 1 + 1 = 2

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
So your state does not give a test at all?
Read the original post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
My association has decided not to use the Federation test this year. Instead they are going to give us some 200 question test that the California people write and it will be a take home exam.
Then, read this post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
What do you think about US not using the NFHS test?
Conclusion: Neveadaref and Rick Vietti are both from Nevada. Also, Rick's profile and NevadaRef's username would also support this axiom. Therefore, they will both be taking the "200 question test that the California people write."
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 11:00am
Do not give a damn!!

Red face I think they can speak for themselves.

Tony,

In our language, association is not "the state." I have never been given a test by my "association," which to me and seems to many means your local officials association. So I am trying to clarify, if they are talking about their state office, which does not seem to have the same power across the country, if their "State" gives them the test, rather than their local official's association. And yes I can assume this when guys are always saying they got a playoff game based on what an "Chapter" gave them. No one in my state gets a game from any person in a "Chapter," so this is totally foreign to me. All our test have to be summitted to Bloomington, Illinois (the IHSA Office), not my Secretary of IACAO for example.

BTW, this is why I asked him, not you.

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Oct 12th, 2003 at 11:04 AM]
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Where did you take the test on-line???
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 05:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Where did you take the test on-line???
Through the IHSA. We can summit our test online or thru the mail. Not something everyone can do, unless you already have a license with the IHSA.

When you take the test online, you find out immediately what your score is. We will not know which answers are correct until right before the season starts. That too will be submitted online as well on our individual website.

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Oct 12th, 2003 at 05:36 PM]
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

I noticed that the Metro Toronto Board has the test on-line. The address is http://www.torontoreferees.org
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

Question Re: I think they can speak for themselves.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Tony,

In our language, association is not "the state." I have never been given a test by my "association," which to me and seems to many means your local officials association. So I am trying to clarify, if they are talking about their state office, which does not seem to have the same power across the country, if their "State" gives them the test, rather than their local official's association. And yes I can assume this when guys are always saying they got a playoff game based on what an "Chapter" gave them. No one in my state gets a game from any person in a "Chapter," so this is totally foreign to me. All our test have to be summitted to Bloomington, Illinois (the IHSA Office), not my Secretary of IACAO for example.

So by "state," you're referring to the Illnois High School ASSOCIATION, and when you say ASSOCIATION, you are not referrring to the Illnois High School ASSOCIATION and since the Illnois High School ASSOCIATION is not an ASSOCIATION, then the "state" is a what?