The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah, I think I'd file a police report, too

Georgia high school basketball game erupts into brawl following call by ref | Fox News
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 06:30pm
Official Forum Member

thats an aau game and not a HS game. the parents should get in a lot of trouble and their kid should get a 1 year ban from athletics. I know "why punish the kids...blah blah blah". But unless the penalties for crappy parent behaviors have some meat and potatoes to them nothing will change.

If I had a team and a parent did this, their kid would be off for a year and could try out again at that time if they wished. I would also let this be known.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Remind me never to read the comments on a Fox News story...eh, just make it comments on all stories....

Chris
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Great example of why not to work this crap. Or at least, a great lesson to be selective about the offseason ball you work.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2018, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
thats an aau game and not a HS game. the parents should get in a lot of trouble and their kid should get a 1 year ban from athletics. I know "why punish the kids...blah blah blah". But unless the penalties for crappy parent behaviors have some meat and potatoes to them nothing will change.

If I had a team and a parent did this, their kid would be off for a year and could try out again at that time if they wished. I would also let this be known.
I'm finding myself agreeing with you a lot recently.

Until repercussions start affecting "the kids" or organizers grow the stones to clamp down on this crap, the parents won't change their behavior.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 03:00am
Official Forum Member

Not only file a police report but intentional tort for assault/battery... file against as many as possible involved in the brawl. Seek punitive damages and injunction that they never set foot near a game again....Don’t know much about the league but maybe for negligence too... the message has to be sent this type of behavior in unacceptable....take away as much as he can, maybe they’ll get the message.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 07:54am
Courageous When Prudent

If you watch the video carefully, you will see that Red's HC kicks the official while he is on the ground.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Apr 13, 2018 at 10:17am.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
If you watch the video carefully, you will that Red's HC kicks the official while he is on the ground.
In one of the official's quotes he indicates he was stomped on by the coach that rushed him at center court.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 02:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

If this had ever happened to me (which it never did) I wouldn't file a police report. I'd just contact some of my old buddies from the south side of Chicago (which is where I grew up) to take care of that coach for me.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 04:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Anybody Remember Jim Croce ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
... contact some of my old buddies from the south side of Chicago (which is where I grew up) to take care of that coach for me.
Somebody like Bad, Bad Leroy Brown? Of course, he lost the biggest fight of his life.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)