The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 01:14pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,383
NCAA Video Request Sunday March 18, 2018

Use this for today's games.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 606
Tex A&M vs NV - BC violation?

Texas A&M vs NC - With about 4:20 in the game, NC player deflects ball off Texas A&M player. Ball goes into BC where Texas player is first to touch it. BC violation is called. I thought deflecting allowed offense to go get it in their BC. Driscoll (Ref) ran over for brief discussion with calling official but call stood. ??
__________________
If some rules are never enforced, then why do they exist?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 515
Yes, that was changed this year, should have been legal. Ironically (from my understanding) bc of Driscsoll not calling it a violation tournament game for 2 straight years. This was right after the FF1 play that Driscoll clearly did not want to call a FF1.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,216
Two plays from the Marshall v WVA game

Two plays Marshall v WVA, both during the first half:
1. Ten second call at the 10 minute mark
2. Marshall player called OOB at 8:25. This play also has two opponents collisions away from the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
2. Marshall player called OOB at 8:25.
If it is the same play of which I am thinking, I could not figure out the call, unless the ref thought he was considered to be a dribbler. Did not seem as if he was OOB when he touched the ball.
__________________
If some rules are never enforced, then why do they exist?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
If it is the same play of which I am thinking, I could not figure out the call, unless the ref thought he was considered to be a dribbler. Did not seem as if he was OOB when he touched the ball.
That is precisely why I wanted to have it posted for discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 09:41pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
2. Marshall player called OOB at 8:25. This play also has two opponents collisions away from the ball.
In order to be a dribbler you need to have possession of the ball, correct? They did not reset the shot clock on the steal, does that imply the player was not yet a dribbler?

Regardless, tough play to know if the player OOB is touching the ball at the time or not.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Florida St. vs. Xavier, 2:05 left in second half. Player control foul on Xavier guard going to the basket. Looked clearly like a PC foul live but may have been leaning upon slow mo view.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 20
Florida ST. VS Xavier

Block Charge. 2:06 remaining second half. Block Charge 1:49 remaining.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeas2 View Post
Florida St. vs. Xavier, 2:05 left in second half. Player control foul on Xavier guard going to the basket. Looked clearly like a PC foul live but may have been leaning upon slow mo view.
Indeed, a very tough call. Macura (sp?) has had at least 3 iffy calls go against him.
__________________
If some rules are never enforced, then why do they exist?
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 08:31am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 12,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
In order to be a dribbler you need to have possession of the ball, correct? They did not reset the shot clock on the steal, does that imply the player was not yet a dribbler?

Regardless, tough play to know if the player OOB is touching the ball at the time or not.
Replay clearly shows he was not OOB while touching the ball. The official must have ruled his first touch to be a dribble.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 08:33am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 12,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelrider View Post
Block Charge. 2:06 remaining second half. Block Charge 1:49 remaining.
If the play at 1:49 was a block against FSU, that play was easily correct, not even worthy of posting a video.

The PC foul at 2:06 was close, but I think it was correct.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 08:35am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 12,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Two plays Marshall v WVA, both during the first half:
1. Ten second call at the 10 minute mark
...
It didn't appear that the Marshall ball handler ever gained FC status before having the ball knocked away.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 23, 2018, 05:15pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 28,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Texas A&M vs NC - With about 4:20 in the game, NC player deflects ball off Texas A&M player. Ball goes into BC where Texas player is first to touch it. BC violation is called. I thought deflecting allowed offense to go get it in their BC. Driscoll (Ref) ran over for brief discussion with calling official but call stood. ??


Peace
__________________
"When the phone does not ring, the assignor is calling."
--Black

Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 23, 2018, 05:46pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,383
Um that's pretty clearly no violation based on the new NCAA rules.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NCAA Video Request Thursday March 15, 2018 JRutledge Basketball 26 Sun Mar 25, 2018 05:43pm
NCAA Video Request Thursday March 15, 2018 AremRed Basketball 0 Sun Mar 18, 2018 08:25am
Rule reference for 2018 March Clarification Zepp Softball 4 Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48am
Video Request: Pac-12 Tournament 2018 dahoopref Basketball 0 Wed Mar 07, 2018 05:30pm
NCAA Tournament Video Requests - Sunday March 19 JRutledge Basketball 51 Wed Mar 22, 2017 07:40am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1