The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   At least he's in the coaching box? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103605-least-hes-coaching-box.html)

Diesel Thu Mar 01, 2018 09:50am

At least he's in the coaching box?

https://streamable.com/og2uz

Rich Thu Mar 01, 2018 09:52am

I wonder how high he'd jump when I hit my whistle to whack him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JRutledge Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08am

It would not have gotten that far. I would have stopped everything and told him to knock it off. Then if he did it again, then he did not listen to my request and we would have T'd his behind.

Peace

Rich Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:09am

I wouldn't have bothered.

JRutledge Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1018041)
I wouldn't have bothered.

I want him to hang himself. If he was told to stop, then he cannot say anything else about it. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, but I want to have a marker for his behavior and possible solution.

Peace

Rich Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:14am

This is a monumental level of stupid.

JRutledge Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1018043)
This is a monumental level of stupid.

I agree. But since I have never seen that in life before, I probably would go with that resolution. Because the minute you T him up it is going to get into a big event over "What did I do" type comments.

Peace

Rich Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23am

I don't disagree that I might just go "knock it off!"

#olderthanilook Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 1018036)

WTFuuuuuuuu???????

so cal lurker Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:00am

wow. Just wow. We have a donkey of a coach actually interfering with the throw as the inbounder has to throw over him. I think he absolutely, positively deserves a T right now with no warning. He's trying to intimidate the kids, who are now going to worry about him on the next throwin.

JRutledge Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27am

I just do not want or would not want the bigger argument over why this was a T. I would at least one him to give him a chance to correct it and tell him this is inappropriate. He is not a player and should not be acting like one. Sometimes a light bulb comes on and they stop with those kinds of warnings. But no problem with whacking his behind either.

Peace

Raymond Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25pm

A coach can only do this deep into the season if officials have been letting him do it all season long.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rotationslim Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1018054)
A coach can only do this deep into the season if officials have been letting him do it all season long.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

assuming facts not in evidence-- he could be a visiting team in that gym, who's unique layout and space makes such idiocy possible.

and how could you not T the guy, never before has there been a better display of unsportsmanlike conduct-- a coach premeditated, conscious interference with an opposing player. We are supposed to give a T for a spilled cup of water on the court-- accidental. I cant imagine not giving a T to this kind of behavior.

Pantherdreams Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:41pm

1 - Coach is a moron and needs to be stopped.

2 - If you can get it stopped without a T great. If you want to jump to the T because coach is a moron and the T definitely solves it I support that.

3 - Since coach is a Moron is not in the rule book. The only possible result of this behaviour could be a T. Beyond violating the spirit of the game/intent of rules, Or acting in a way we perceive to be outside the spirit of rules and sportsmanship, what is the moron doing that violates any other rule?

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 01, 2018 01:21pm

I'd ask to see his jumping jack permit. If he doesn't have it with him, it's a T. Or...if I was the inbounder, I would throw it right into his face since we'd get the ball back because it hit him with he was OOB.