The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Miami @ North Carolina play (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103597-miami-north-carolina-play-video.html)

JRutledge Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:39pm

Miami @ North Carolina play (Video)

Play #1:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jKsMpzgfw7g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

Big_Blue_Wannabe Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45am

Miami @ North Carolina play (Video)

How about the PC foul just under a minute left in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevadaref Wed Feb 28, 2018 01:18am

Clear BI. About half of the ball is inside the cylinder.
Also, the ball appears to be in contact with the ring too.

Raymond Wed Feb 28, 2018 09:24am

No need to run out to the division line to give the signal.

Did the same thing with game-winning 3 that was clearly released before the buzzer.

rockyroad Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1017955)

Did the same thing with game-winning 3 that was clearly released before the buzzer.

Why not? Big calls - why not "sell the call"? What's wrong with him having a little excitement in doing his job?!!?

ballgame99 Wed Feb 28, 2018 02:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1017955)

I agree. Nothing wrong with selling a call, but this and the last second bucket seemed like "look at me" moments.

AremRed Wed Feb 28, 2018 02:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 1017962)
Why not? Big calls - why not "sell the call"? What's wrong with him having a little excitement in doing his job?!!?

Plus that's a big game for him, of course he's going to be excited.

/s

rockyroad Wed Feb 28, 2018 04:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1017979)

/s

Well, you know how it is...get excited and sell a call and suddenly it's all about you and you are trying to make yourself the center of attention. SMDH. If I am on that big of a game, I am selling the living hell out of the final shot!

Raymond Wed Feb 28, 2018 05:06pm

I didn't realize Miami/UNC was that big of a game.

Also didn't realize I should be selling obvious calls. I need to reevaluate what I'm doing out there.

scrounge Wed Feb 28, 2018 05:13pm

Sheesh, the guy got caught up for a split second on an amazing shot to win a high profile game in a big upset, lighten up. So he showed a teeny bit of personality...we don't have to be automatons.

Multiple Sports Wed Feb 28, 2018 05:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1017979)

/s

I guess you dont know Mike...that is not a big game for him. Quite frankly that is not a big game for anyone on that crew. That is his personality....who are we to judge it. I dont think Groover or Breeding would have done it that way....just my opinion.

Nevadaref Wed Feb 28, 2018 07:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 1017994)
Well, you know how it is...get excited and sell a call and suddenly it's all about you and you are trying to make yourself the center of attention. SMDH. If I am on that big of a game, I am selling the living hell out of the final shot!

Why? What are you selling? There is absolutely no reason to do so on a last shot under NCAAM rules as it will automatically go to a monitor review.

AremRed Thu Mar 01, 2018 01:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 1017997)
I guess you dont know Mike...

I guess you don’t know what “/s” means...

Raymond Thu Mar 01, 2018 08:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrounge (Post 1017996)
Sheesh, the guy got caught up for a split second on an amazing shot to win a high profile game in a big upset, lighten up. So he showed a teeny bit of personality...we don't have to be automatons.

And the basket interference?

JRutledge Thu Mar 01, 2018 09:30am

If that is what he does, then I do not have as much of a problem with it. Maybe that is just his style. It is not my style or how I do things and I can be very demonstrative at times, but learned to do it only in certain situations. I do not remember him officiating, so I am not sure if that is what he has done before.

Peace