The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Oakland v Youngstown ending (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103537-oakland-v-youngstown-ending.html)

Nevadaref Thu Feb 15, 2018 02:17am

Oakland v Youngstown ending

The end of the Oakland/Youngstown State game tonight would be a good one for instruction and discussion, if someone could post a video.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1017137)
The end of the Oakland/Youngstown State game tonight would be a good one for instruction and discussion, if someone could post a video.

NevadaRef:

I did not watch the game live on ESPN3.com last night, but I watched the replay and my beloved Youngstown State University Penguins (Bachelor of Engineering (major: Civil Engineering), Class of 1980) won with a buzzer beater, so I do not understand what there is to discuss, ;).

YSU took TO with 0:06.4 left in the 2nd Half and wen the length of the court to shoot the winning shot with 0:00.2 left in the 2nd Half. I am not sure what there is to discuss the game video shows the ball clearly out of Covington's hand with 0:00.1 left in the 2nd Half. The GO checked the video before leaving Dom Rosseli Court.

He is the link to the replay, one can jump to 1:33 of the video to last the end of the game: Oakland vs. Youngstown State (M Basketball) - WatchESPN

MTD, Sr.

#olderthanilook Thu Feb 15, 2018 01:09pm

LOL....I see it.

Oakland coach probably wanted the officials to call a traveling violation on YSU #1.

Nevadaref Thu Feb 15, 2018 06:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 1017159)
LOL....I see it.

Oakland coach probably wanted the officials to call a traveling violation on YSU #1.

That is the point to discuss.

Raymond Thu Feb 15, 2018 07:35pm

From my phone it looks like he simply fumbled the ball and recovered it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Feb 15, 2018 08:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1017189)
For my phone it looks like he's simply fumbled the ball and recovered it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I am a Penguin, but I saw it as a fumble recovery.

MTD, Sr.

nolanjj68 Thu Feb 15, 2018 08:26pm

You can't travel if you don't have the ball.

bob jenkins Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolanjj68 (Post 1017195)

except ... ;)

BillyMac Fri Feb 16, 2018 07:06am

Rare Exception ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolanjj68 (Post 1017195)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1017197)
except ...

A player must be holding the ball (with one very rare exception) in order to travel.

One rare exception. It's when ... Wait ... I'm being told ... Fishing? What's it got to do with fishing? Never mind.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Feb 16, 2018 07:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1017207)
A player must be holding the ball (with one very rare exception) in order to travel.

One rare exception. It's when ... Wait ... I'm being told ... Fishing? What's it got to do with fishing? Never mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznjAhZ0eWc

MTD, Sr.

sdoebler Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1017197)
except ... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1017207)

Sorry is there an exception? I just reviewed section 44 and didn't find anything. Did learn something new in article 2 though:

3. On one foot, the player may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both. Neither foot can be a pivot in this case.

Raymond Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdoebler (Post 1017253)
Sorry is there an exception? I just reviewed section 44 and didn't find anything. Did learn something new in article 2 though:

3. On one foot, the player may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both. Neither foot can be a pivot in this case.

You're just learning about a jump stop? :confused:

sdoebler Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1017259)
You're just learning about a jump stop? :confused:

No I guess I was reading this visualizing it in slow motion, catch on one foot look around take a big leap off that foot in one direction and land with both feet.

bob jenkins Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdoebler (Post 1017253)
Sorry is there an exception?

4.44.5B

Quote:

Did learn something new in article 2 though:

Who woulda thunk? ;)

sdoebler Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1017266)
4.44.5B

Alright I had to read that a few times to visualize especially after ART. 5 started with A player holding the ball: