The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Tap A Talk (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103527-tap-talk.html)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Feb 13, 2018 03:19pm

Tap A Talk

I have noticed for sometime some members are posting from their smart phones using a app called Tapatalk.

Being an old geezer I would appreciate any PMs explaining the app to me because even social media savvy Mark, Jr., is not familiar with it.

Thanks,

MTD, Sr.

BillyMac Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:07pm

I Love My Flip Phone ...

What's a smart phone? What's an app?

BigT Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:14pm

Can a millennial please report to this topic and help the dinosaurs out. Texting on this damn flip phone is a pain...

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1017045)
What's a smart phone? What's an app?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT (Post 1017046)
Can a millennial please report to this topic and help the dinosaurs out. Texting on this damn flip phone is a pain...

:p

MTD, Sr.

bucky Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:18pm

If he can submit a post, can't he just punch it into any online search engine to get the details? Or is an explanation of the internet forthcoming:)

Rich Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:49pm

Download the Tapatalk app.

Create an account.

Search for Official Forum. Provide your username/password for the forum to Tapatalk.

I probably do 90% of my reading and posting through the app now.

AremRed Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:52pm

I feel bad for Jr. who has to print off all the posts so Sr. can read them by the fire in his smoking jacket and then transcribe Sr.'s handwritten response. Not to mention slaving away in the attic looking up ancient NCAA-W rules.

LRZ Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:53pm

Older than MTD, I have no idea what all this means: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...-with-tapatalk

It must be true--it's on the internet.

#olderthanilook Tue Feb 13, 2018 04:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1017049)
Download the Tapatalk app.

Create an account.

Search for Official Forum. Provide your username/password for the forum to Tapatalk.

I probably do 90% of my reading and posting through the app now.

I've installed the app and am now moving through the sign in phase. Will signing in with Facebook or Google compromise my identity to other users or forum admins?

BryanV21 Tue Feb 13, 2018 05:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 1017052)
I've installed the app and am now moving through the sign in phase. Will signing in with Facebook or Google compromise my identity to other users or forum admins?

Yes. In order to stick with your current name and such you must use the same credentials.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Camron Rust Tue Feb 13, 2018 07:41pm

I've tried tapatalk...not very impressed. It is a great idea but a weak implementation.

Welpe Tue Feb 13, 2018 09:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1017056)
I've tried tapatalk...not very impressed. It is a great idea but a weak implementation.

I used to like it more. The changes they made and making my paid version obsolete soured me on it. Now that I have a larger phone, I just use a browser.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1017050)
I feel bad for Jr. who has to print off all the posts so Sr. can read them by the fire in his smoking jacket and then transcribe Sr.'s handwritten response. Not to mention slaving away in the attic looking up ancient NCAA-W rules.

ROTFLMTO!!

MTD, Sr.

justacoach Wed Feb 14, 2018 01:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1017059)
ROTFLMTO!!

MTD, Sr.

Mark, another reason for using tap-a-talk is all your posts will have this clever little message.....

Sent from my Commodore C-64 using Tap-a-Talk Pro

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 1017064)
Mark, another reason for using tap-a-talk is all your posts will have this clever little message.....

Sent from my Commodore C-64 using Tap-a-Talk Pro

ROTFLMTO!

MTD, Sr.